Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 396

Thread: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I think Obama really isn't all that intelligent. His advisers and appointees run the show and he is the charismatic face for their ideals. My personal opinion is that Obama is similar to Bachman. Nothing but talking points and largely devoid of individual intelligent thoughts or ideas.
    I disagree completely. Obama is more than just a charismatic face, and is more intelligent than Bachmann. Obama has been a mediocre president, while Bachmann would be a train wreck, and turn this country into the ground. And it is not because she is a conservative, but because she is not smart enough for the job.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #62
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,693

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Need I remind everyone she said that instead of answering a question provided by the man trying to copy Anderson Cooper's look? I believe he has a last name that is also a blatant attempt to copy the old man with the suspenders who had a habit of falling asleep on his own radio show back in the day.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  3. #63
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I wonder how Sarah Palin feels about this news...
    I would bet that she's excited to have a potential running mate. Palin/Bachman...Bachman/Palin...either way, I think Obama should start packing his ****.

  4. #64
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I disagree completely. Obama is more than just a charismatic face, and is more intelligent than Bachmann. Obama has been a mediocre president, while Bachmann would be a train wreck, and turn this country into the ground. And it is not because she is a conservative, but because she is not smart enough for the job.
    I agree that she definitely isn't smart enough. But I also feel that Obama is currently causing the country to wreck with the spending and poor handling of the economy. The liberal ideals that I have (like universal healthcare) have not been delivered by Obama. I don't see any real reason to support him. I really don't like how he is handling things in Libya and I very much dislike how he treats those who disagree with him.

    There are many things about Bachman that I dislike. I am completely against her stance regarding homosexuality and SSM issues. However, other issues that I am very passionate about (like abortion) I agree with her and I can see her actually trying to do something about those issues. With Obama I don't see any of my beliefs being enacted, and I do not believe he is a man of good character in the way that he treats political dissidents.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  5. #65
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,168

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I disagree completely. Obama is more than just a charismatic face, and is more intelligent than Bachmann. Obama has been a mediocre president, while Bachmann would be a train wreck, and turn this country into the ground. And it is not because she is a conservative, but because she is not smart enough for the job.
    I see in Obama's public image the same thing I see in Carter's, or Ken Livingston's (former mayor of London - I was around for his last term).

    I think all three of them are extremely intelligent, consistently clear-headed, and often right. But none of them are especially well-liked. Obama is charismatic, but only for the duration of the time he's speaking. And all of them had a problem of trying to figure out how to get into the right conversations with their fellow politicians.

    I think what all three of them have in common, and what has lended each of them a similar public opinion, is that they are long-term thinkers. They did things that are intended to benefit us down the line, more than right this second.

    That is not a popular thing in modern politics. It makes it harder for them to be effective, and it makes it harder for them to get the public on board. People want to see it now - and if it all goes to hell 10 year down the line, they really don't care. As long as they get results now.

    I think it's a failing of the public's thinking, more than a failing of those particular politicians.
    Last edited by SmokeAndMirrors; 06-14-11 at 01:26 AM.

  6. #66
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I disagree completely. Obama is more than just a charismatic face, and is more intelligent than Bachmann. Obama has been a mediocre president, while Bachmann would be a train wreck, and turn this country into the ground. And it is not because she is a conservative, but because she is not smart enough for the job.
    Bachman knows that the best way for the government to fix the economy, is for the government to get the hell out of the way and stop scaring the crap out of the private sector with threats of higher taxes and over-regulation; which puts her miles ahead of O'Bama in the brains department. Although, I don't think O'Bama is screwing the country up because he's stupid, rather he's doing it on purpose, because he hates America.

  7. #67
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    I see in Obama's public image the same thing I see in Carter's, or Ken Livingston's (former mayor of London - I was around for his last term).

    I think all three of them are extremely intelligent, consistently clear-headed, and often right. But none of them are especially well-liked. Obama is charismatic, but only for the duration of the time he's speaking. And all of them had a problem of trying to figure out how to get into the right conversations with their fellow politicians.

    I think what all three of them have in common, and what has lended each of them a similar public opinion, is that they are long-term thinkers. They did things that are intended to benefit us down the line, more than right this second.

    That is not a popular thing in modern politics. It makes it harder for them to be effective, and it makes it harder for them to get the public on board. People want to see it now - and if it all goes to hell 10 year down the line, they really don't care. As long as they get results now.

    I think it's a failing of the public's thinking, more than a failing of those particular politicians.
    How does killing jobs benefit us in the long term?

  8. #68
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    She's as good of a nomination as any other GOP candidate at this point. There really isn't one strong GOP candidate that I have seen.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  9. #69
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,168

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How does killing jobs benefit us in the long term?
    To blame this on Obama, when the majority of it economic efforts have been blocked by the GOP, is a bit of a laugh.

  10. #70
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    To blame this on Obama, when the majority of it economic efforts have been blocked by the GOP, is a bit of a laugh.
    Which economic efforts were blocked by the GOP?

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •