Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 396

Thread: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

  1. #241
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    If we have a non-nuclear answer we will have the option of using it. Some targets are too hard for conventional attack.
    And what makes either you, or Miss Bachmann experts on what targets require a nuclear attack?

    What makes you think that either one would occur? Were Hiroshima and Nagasaki uninhabitable for generations? Have any of the places where nuclear weapons detonated been uninhabitable for generations? Or is it that you have received your knowledge of nuclear weapons from popular movies and television?
    Should have added "possibly" for that, but make no mistake, the Nuclear Weapons of Today are alot more powerful, the atom bomb used on Horoshima and Nagasaki were a BB gun compared to the power of todays nuclear weapons.

    Your insistence is more religious than scientific. If the science is real it will win out. There is no need to harass, bully, and compel citizens to knuckle under to a government thug.
    Who said anything about doing that? I guess you have nothing to add on this subject.

  2. #242
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Hey Jet, have a coffee buddy. :
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #243
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Hey Jet, have a coffee buddy. :
    Yeah, there's really no reason to engage people who propose mass-murder as a solution to a problem...
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    And what makes either you, or Miss Bachmann experts on what targets require a nuclear attack?
    I cannot speak to her qualifications. I spent four years in a joint assignment (military) as a targeteer. So I know quite a bit. Dated, of course.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Should have added "possibly" for that, but make no mistake, the Nuclear Weapons of Today are alot more powerful, the atom bomb used on Horoshima and Nagasaki were a BB gun compared to the power of todays nuclear weapons.
    One selects the right weapon for the right level of damage to the target. No one has any interest in killing non-combatants just for the sake of killing. One does what one can to minimize loss of innocent life.

  5. #245
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I cannot speak to her qualifications. I spent four years in a joint assignment (military) as a targeteer. So I know quite a bit. Dated, of course.



    One selects the right weapon for the right level of damage to the target. No one has any interest in killing non-combatants just for the sake of killing. One does what one can to minimize loss of innocent life.
    Which would categorically preclude the use of nuclear weapons.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Which would categorically preclude the use of nuclear weapons.
    Perhaps in your mind. No weapon can be used without the potential loss of innocent life. Tough.

  7. #247
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Perhaps in your mind. No weapon can be used without the potential loss of innocent life. Tough.
    You must have a different definition of "minimize" than I do. A nuclear weapon is guaranteed to kill more innocent people than a precision conventional strike.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You must have a different definition of "minimize" than I do. A nuclear weapon is guaranteed to kill more innocent people than a precision conventional strike.
    I have no doubt that I do. One selects the weapon based on the effects one is looking for in the target. If you want to break windows you use one sized weapon. If you want to render the facility unusable a different weapon may be required. Select the smallest yield that gives you the effects you want in the time frame you need.

  9. #249
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I have no doubt that I do. One selects the weapon based on the effects one is looking for in the target. If you want to break windows you use one sized weapon. If you want to render the facility unusable a different weapon may be required. Select the smallest yield that gives you the effects you want in the time frame you need.
    Unless the effect you want is "level half the city," then there's no need for a nuclear weapon. If that is your goal, you're a mass-murderer regardless of what the intended target is.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Unless the effect you want is "level half the city," then there's no need for a nuclear weapon. If that is your goal, you're a mass-murderer regardless of what the intended target is.
    I am incredibly impressed by your deep, profound knowledge of our nuclear weapons and targeting techniques. Appeals to emotion work well for emotional cripples for which emotion trumps all. For me, not so much. If it is in our interest the weapons should be an option.

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •