Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 167

Thread: Palin's official Alaska emails to be released

  1. #81
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,193

    Re: Alaska governor's office to release Palin e-mails

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I was using sarcasm to mock racist. I see your lean is off to the right of your reality, you should fix that.
    I know, if I disagree with Republicans, I must be an ultra-lefty.

    How many times do we hear "Liberals playing the race card!" And who was the first person to play it in this thread? You don't have to be a Socialist to be able to read.

  2. #82
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Alaska governor's office to release Palin e-mails

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    They waited for Palin to leave office.
    It was my understanding that the suit this release was based in dated from when Palin was still governor, from 2008 actually. Is this not true?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #83
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Alaska governor's office to release Palin e-mails

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It was my understanding that the suit this release was based in dated from when Palin was still governor, from 2008 actually. Is this not true?
    It is true. It stems from all the media circus around the VP nomination.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Alaska governor's office to release Palin e-mails

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    BTW -- This is the first post in this thread to mention race. Good job playing the "reverse racism" card.
    There is no such thing as "reverse racism". Only racism.

  5. #85
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Alaska governor's office to release Palin e-mails

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    It is true. It stems from all the media circus around the VP nomination.
    Yeah, that is what I thought. To me, while she was governor, she should not have had to release the emails, and the suit should have been promptly thrown out. obviously, in some way the law disagrees with me, though I have not actually looked at the case that was filed.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Alaska governor's office to release Palin e-mails

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Palin's e-mails were released in accordance with the law of the State of Alaska because of public requests. Unless that law says "Only Republicans because we hate them" it's a BS argument.
    The interesting part is who made those "public requests", why, and which political party they belong too.


    If you want to see Obama's after he leaves office, you and and a bunch of other Conservatives can get together with Fox News and file an FoI request. They will be released in accordance with Federal law.
    What is the federal law on that and how long does it take before they're released?
    Or you can just cry on the internet about "Everybody's out to get Sarah Palin. Waaaaaah," (Which is more likely to happen)
    I don't believe "everybody's out to get Sarah Palin". Just who are you quoting here?

    But it does seem clear, judging by the number of threads here on DP, as well as the incredible number of stories on her in the media, that she does create some tension among the goofy Leftists. And you know how they can lie and distort.

  7. #87
    Educator TheBook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Last Seen
    11-28-11 @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    880

    Re: Alaska governor's office to release Palin e-mails

    This is so incredibly silly. I work with FOI requests on a semi-regular basis, I have sent out several regarding stories I have worked on (or am working on) with the paper I work for, and this FOI request is entirely legitimate.

    It isn't a private email account, it is a public email for official business, meaning it is the public's right to view the emails. This sort of thing happens all the time, all you have to do is file the paperwork.

    For all the people complaining about how "they made Sarah show us her emails but we don't get to see Obama's grades!" Your work related emails during your term as a public official =/= your official transcript. Once her transcripts are released, then you have a fair point.

    On the topic at hand, I noticed that some 2,000 emails have been withheld due to them supposedly containing private information. However, I noticed that all of the emails people sent her complaining about what she was doing were included without any of the private information of that person being withheld. I found that reasonably odd.
    “The more you know, the harder it is to take decisive action. Once you become informed, you start seeing complexities and shades of gray. You realize that nothing is as clear and simple as it first appears. Ultimately, knowledge is paralyzing.” - Bill Watterson
    Who Is Chicago Ted?

  8. #88
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,705

    Re: Alaska governor's office to release Palin e-mails

    Check out the headline on this winner.

    "Palin closely guarded her public image, emails show"-LA Times

    Sarah Palin email: Palin closely guarded her public image, emails show - latimes.com

    That's absolutely shocking that someone who is a public official, celebrity, or person of note would dare become aware of the importance of their image. I bet this reporter shocked biographers and historians alike with this insight.

    Oh, silly journalists.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Alaska governor's office to release Palin e-mails

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Check out the headline on this winner.

    "Palin closely guarded her public image, emails show"-LA Times

    Sarah Palin email: Palin closely guarded her public image, emails show - latimes.com

    That's absolutely shocking that someone who is a public official, celebrity, or person of note would dare become aware of the importance of their image. I bet this reporter shocked biographers and historians alike with this insight.

    Oh, silly journalists.
    Yeah, it's been nothing but a giant snoozefest.

  10. #90
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Alaska governor's office to release Palin e-mails

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Yeah, it's been nothing but a giant snoozefest.
    LOL! No kidding! Honestly who is sitting around reading these things? I read an article that had a few of the e-mails and thought to myself who the hell has time to sit around and read this boring drivel. I feel bad for the folks having to pour over this crap and made sure it got online
    ~Following My Own Flow~

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •