Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: U.S. funding for future promises lags by trillions

  1. #21
    Advisor toddwv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-11 @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    315

    Re: U.S. funding for future promises lags by trillions

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

    That's not quite so.

    Paul Ryan of the House Committee on the Budget certainly did, and the Obama Administration hasn't even offered up a budget in well over two years.


    Well in this case it certainly is because the Republicans offered some modest proposals while the Democrats have as yet offered nothing. Still no budget despite at one time owning the Senate Congress and Presidency.


    Barrack Obama couldn't have said it any better.
    Check your facts. The Obama Administration has submitted a budget every year since President Obama was elected.

  2. #22
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: U.S. funding for future promises lags by trillions

    Quote Originally Posted by toddwv View Post
    Check your facts. The Obama Administration has submitted a budget every year since President Obama was elected.
    The "budget" he submitted this year was a shell. It was a basic outline with no detail and was not complete. Hard to vote on an incomplete budget.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  3. #23
    Educator snilloctjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    El Paso, TX USA
    Last Seen
    05-04-15 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    648

    Re: U.S. funding for future promises lags by trillions

    Quote Originally Posted by toddwv View Post
    Check your facts. The Obama Administration has submitted a budget every year since President Obama was elected.
    The issue is not submitting a budget that is only a request - the issue is the House abandonded its Constitutional duty and did not approve a budget. The Executive Branch can only propose, the House MUST pass a budget. the 2010 budget was delayed for nothing more than political reasons - the elections

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: U.S. funding for future promises lags by trillions

    Quote Originally Posted by snilloctjc View Post
    The issue is not submitting a budget that is only a request - the issue is the House abandonded its Constitutional duty and did not approve a budget. The Executive Branch can only propose, the House MUST pass a budget. the 2010 budget was delayed for nothing more than political reasons - the elections
    And that lies solely on the shoulders of the liberal left.

  5. #25
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: U.S. funding for future promises lags by trillions

    Quote Originally Posted by snilloctjc View Post
    The issue is not submitting a budget that is only a request - the issue is the House abandonded its Constitutional duty and did not approve a budget. The Executive Branch can only propose, the House MUST pass a budget. the 2010 budget was delayed for nothing more than political reasons - the elections
    Didn't the Demos control the House in 2010?

    Also, didn't the House pass a budget this year?

    .

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. funding for future promises lags by trillions

    Quote Originally Posted by toddwv View Post
    Check your facts. The Obama Administration has submitted a budget every year since President Obama was elected.
    And what happened to these submitted budgets?

  7. #27
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: U.S. funding for future promises lags by trillions

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And what happened to these submitted budgets?
    Bogged down in pointless hyperpartisanship.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. funding for future promises lags by trillions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post

    They have certainly tried introducing their own versions of cuts. I just think these are superficial attempts, that they know full well they ask for cuts in areas they can't get the Dems to budge on. In the end, it's a failing of both parties because this is part of the job of Congress, regardless of D or R. They need to do this, but they both get caught up in their political games of parties that they refuse to actually move forward. That's why I wanted to know if what in reality has been accomplished. What were they able to do. This recession didn't start with Obama, it was merely continued by him. There was plenty of time when the R's had more numbers to get things passed.

    More and more the trend seems to be that one side offers some legislation, it won't go through, and they throw up their hands and say "well we tried, but the otherside won't work with us". That's more of a constant than either of the parties truly working for us. I don't feel that either party is responsible to the People any longer.
    It seems to me that the fault lies less with the politicians than with the people who elect them. If the people aren't prepared to have spending cuts then the politicians won't propose them. When a powerful man likes Harry Reid says its necessary to give tax dollars to Cowboy poetry contests in Nevada, and the people stay silent, then they become a partner in this debt, waste and inefficiency.

    When Congressman Anthony Wanker decides he can tough out the situation rather than resigning as a point of honor, than he is holding the American people in contempt, just as Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are doing. Wanker, and others, have lied to the electorate for so long that they feel they can say anything that pops into their heads and the public will buy it. And even when they get caught, nothing will change anyway. The fault lies directly with those who put their political parties ahead of whats best for the long term interests of their country. There needs to be more 'independents',

    People in all the democracies must expect the best of their politicians and keep kicking them out until they do whats expected of them. But until we raise our standards, they won't raise theirs.
    Last edited by Grant; 06-08-11 at 01:24 PM.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. funding for future promises lags by trillions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Bogged down in pointless hyperpartisanship.
    Bogged down in hyperpartisanship when he controlled the House and Senate? How does that work when only one part is in charge?

  10. #30
    Advisor shades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-28-16 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    322

    Re: U.S. funding for future promises lags by trillions

    [QUOTE=Ikari;1059549666]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

    They have certainly tried introducing their own versions of cuts. I just think these are superficial attempts, that they know full well they ask for cuts in areas they can't get the Dems to budge on. In the end, it's a failing of both parties because this is part of the job of Congress, regardless of D or R. They need to do this, but they both get caught up in their political games of parties that they refuse to actually move forward. That's why I wanted to know if what in reality has been accomplished. What were they able to do. This recession didn't start with Obama, it was merely continued by him. There was plenty of time when the R's had more numbers to get things passed.

    More and more the trend seems to be that one side offers some legislation, it won't go through, and they throw up their hands and say "well we tried, but the otherside won't work with us". That's more of a constant than either of the parties truly working for us. I don't feel that either party is responsible to the People any longer.
    and you're just noticing this? pull up a chair
    I'M VOTING FOR THE WHITE GUY THIS TIME

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •