Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 477

Thread: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

  1. #61
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,598

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Our military and their Commander in chief.
    Well, you're part right. I would love to hear about O'Bama's defense strategy. Take your time.

  2. #62
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, you're part right. I would love to hear about O'Bama's defense strategy. Take your time.
    Well....for one....he put the focus back on where it should have been in the first place and actually accomplished what GWB only talked tough about.

    See, I would rather have a President that gets results than one who talks tough. Some people like the "tough talk" because they can be lulled into a false sense of security where they can wave their flags and pretend that we have a "strong leader".
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #63
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Isn't it ironic that 2 of the biggest hypocrites and liars like Edwards and Weiner are making the headlines these days...........What scumbags of the democratic party....
    Liars and scumbags...true....but not really hypocrites.....but completely off subject Navy.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #64
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,073

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Why do these threads have to always turn into a partisan hack fest?

    Obama has very little, if anything at all, to do with how well the repeal training is going or how our troops are reacting or even will react to the repeal and the changes it brings. The troops and the close COC is what will determine how smoothly the repeal goes, not the CIC, unless he were to make some really stupid comment or do something to actually affect the changes, which hasn't happened yet and is not really likely to happen.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Long time NP. How you been?
    Been great Boo, thanks for asking...I will try and pop in more often to restore order...Have a great "Navy" day my friend............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by tryreading View Post
    Didn't see this posted anywhere. Seems things are going as expected regarding the new policy. I think most of us knew our military wouldn't fall apart over this.


    WASHINGTON More than a million U.S. troops roughly half the armed forces have been trained on the new law allowing gays to serve openly in the military, and so far there has been none of the turmoil or dire consequences predicted by opponents of what had been expected to be a wrenching change in military culture.

    There's been no widespread resistance, no mad rush for the door by enlisted members opposed to the policy and no drop in recruiting.

    "So far this seems to be a non-event," Gen. Peter Chiarelli, vice chief of staff for the Army, told reporters recently.



    Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal - Yahoo! News
    Looks like somebodies mommas done raised 'em right.

  7. #67
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,598

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Why do these threads have to always turn into a partisan hack fest?

    Obama has very little, if anything at all, to do with how well the repeal training is going or how our troops are reacting or even will react to the repeal and the changes it brings. The troops and the close COC is what will determine how smoothly the repeal goes, not the CIC, unless he were to make some really stupid comment or do something to actually affect the changes, which hasn't happened yet and is not really likely to happen.
    Because it only take two, or three posts for someone to accuse pro-DADT folks of hating our service members, or of being a biggoted homophobe. That's why.

  8. #68
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    seriously, the "training" given to this point has been basically: "hey look guys, DADT is going to be repealed but until it is, nothing has changed. Oh and by the way, article 125 is still in effect"

    from what I've seen, here's the deal

    1. they won't be able to kick someone out for saying they are gay.

    2. gay couples will not be eligible for any of the benefits married hetero couples get

    3. if you get caught violating article 125, they can still kick you out

    it's step in the right direction, but there is still some hard work to be done if gays are going to be able to serve equally with heteros


    Of the Soldiers I've talked with about this, 99.9% of them don't really give a ****.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #69
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,598

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    seriously, the "training" given to this point has been basically: "hey look guys, DADT is going to be repealed but until it is, nothing has changed. Oh and by the way, article 125 is still in effect"

    from what I've seen, here's the deal

    1. they won't be able to kick someone out for saying they are gay.

    2. gay couples will not be eligible for any of the benefits married hetero couples get

    3. if you get caught violating article 125, they can still kick you out

    it's step in the right direction, but there is still some hard work to be done if gays are going to be able to serve equally with heteros


    Of the Soldiers I've talked with about this, 99.9% of them don't really give a ****.
    You think that since you're an officer, currently serving that you know what's going on in the service??? Who in da hell do you think you are??

  10. #70
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,073

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    seriously, the "training" given to this point has been basically: "hey look guys, DADT is going to be repealed but until it is, nothing has changed. Oh and by the way, article 125 is still in effect"

    from what I've seen, here's the deal

    1. they won't be able to kick someone out for saying they are gay.

    2. gay couples will not be eligible for any of the benefits married hetero couples get

    3. if you get caught violating article 125, they can still kick you out

    it's step in the right direction, but there is still some hard work to be done if gays are going to be able to serve equally with heteros


    Of the Soldiers I've talked with about this, 99.9% of them don't really give a ****.
    According to the Navy MA's chain of command, no it isn't, not for consentual sodomy anyway.

    The Navy at least, is not charging anyone, gay or straight, for consentual sodomy.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •