Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
Results 471 to 477 of 477

Thread: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

  1. #471
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,598

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Or my use of a specific phrase was not only making the direct point, but also using satire to make a second point at the same time. Congratz on completely worming your way out of addressing my actual point. I'll repeat it, without the complex literary notions, and I'll use small words so that everyone can understand it.

    Gays almost never pursue straights. There will not be unwanted advances on straight soldiers. Also, I'd hope that straight soldiers can handle someone finding them attractive, and aren't so fragile that the military will suddenly collapse. Also, the analogies about putting gay and straight soldiers of the same sex (usually discussing males) in the same bunks and showers and the like is the same as putting men and women into those situations is absurd, since there is a legitimate reason for female soldiers to fear rape from male soldiers, as evidenced by all of the rape that has already been occurring, especially in cases when women are coerced by their male COs. I don't know of any situations where gay soldiers of either sex have raped their heterosexual counterparts.
    What about unwanted advances on gay soldiers, by gay soldiers? In the military, that's sexual harassment and will ultimately consume time that could be used with other activities such as...training!

  2. #472
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What about unwanted advances on gay soldiers, by gay soldiers? In the military, that's sexual harassment and will ultimately consume time that could be used with other activities such as...training!
    What about unwanted advances on female soldiers, by male soldiers?

    Why are all these pro-military conservatives so unable to believe that our soldiers are adults, who can handle themselves, and are well-trained? These folks can handle killing and dying but somehow dirty thoughts are too much for them? I'm vocally anti-war and think that in most cases being a soldier is inherently dishonorable, and yet somehow I have more respect for these individuals than most conservatives in this thread. I'm starting to think that all of that "support our troops" stuff was a lie. It was really just "f**k those Muslims" and now it's just "f**k those queers".
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  3. #473
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,897
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    What about unwanted advances on female soldiers, by male soldiers?

    Why are all these pro-military conservatives so unable to believe that our soldiers are adults, who can handle themselves, and are well-trained? These folks can handle killing and dying but somehow dirty thoughts are too much for them? I'm vocally anti-war and think that in most cases being a soldier is inherently dishonorable, and yet somehow I have more respect for these individuals than most conservatives in this thread. I'm starting to think that all of that "support our troops" stuff was a lie. It was really just "f**k those Muslims" and now it's just "f**k those queers".
    Well put.

    90
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #474
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    What about unwanted advances on female soldiers, by male soldiers?

    finally we get someone to admit that the situations are parallel.

  5. #475
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Well put.

    90

    actually it was idiotically put. he was talking to a soldier.

  6. #476
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    finally we get someone to admit that the situations are parallel.
    No, that's not what I was saying at all. I was saying that "advances" aren't a big deal. People handle advances. It's the rape and coercion that are the problem for female soldiers.

    Also, straight guys hit on straight women... because the woman might be receptive. Gays know better, and so largely don't hit on straight guys. And again, these are well trained, mature, fighting men and women. They can handle it. Even if you can't.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  7. #477
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    No, that's not what I was saying at all. I was saying that "advances" aren't a big deal. People handle advances. It's the rape and coercion that are the problem for female soldiers.

    Also, straight guys hit on straight women... because the woman might be receptive. Gays know better, and so largely don't hit on straight guys. And again, these are well trained, mature, fighting men and women. They can handle it. Even if you can't.
    Exactly. ANd we should treat them like the well trained, mature fighting men and women they are.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •