Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 477

Thread: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

  1. #441
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,035

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Except that women have a legitimate reason to fear rape from testosterone hyped soldiers. Are you suggesting that those effeminate queers are so much tougher than the proud, straight, American soldiers they serve with that there will be a large amount of rapes going on?
    why are you engaging in negative stereotypes of homosexuals? do you think it makes your point rather than just making you look like a fool?

    all i need do is copy/paste earlier posts from others - professionalism and discipline and such things. young women obviously have no reason to feel uncomfortable about being forced to strip down in front of the males unless they are anti-man haters and bigots who feel that men have icky cooties.

  2. #442
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Any comment I make here will just get me into trouble...
    Uh, yeah, I had to shake that one off, too.

    Dammit!!

  3. #443
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Because that isn't the only reason that men and women do not live together in the military. The bigger reason that we don't live together is it is not part of our culture to house/berth/shower men and women together. We still have a very modest mindset concerning these things. The civilian world still has separate restrooms for men and women.

    It does not work that way for straights and gays. We do allow straights and gays of the same sex to share bathrooms/locker rooms.
    And you can see of course the potential for problems...correct?

  4. #444
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    nobody "in our society" shares private spaces unless they choose to do so. bunking gay males with other males is indeed the same sexually as forcing young females to bunk with males.
    Really? So men don't share bathrooms with other men anywhere? Women don't share locker rooms with other women anywhere?

    And, btw, the military is a part of society. Everyone in the military today chose to be in. They volunteer to serve with everyone else in the military, which means putting aside their own comforts and personal fears to do their job. Even under DADT, they would still be sharing those same living/getting naked spaces with gays, whether they know they are there or not.

    It isn't required that anyone actually use a public locker room or a public restroom, but it is required that if they do, they cannot prevent other people of the same sex from coming into that space. And they don't have any control over what sexuality those people of the same sex are.



    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    then it was a foolish one - as it contradicted your chief argument on this thread (that ease and comfort with each other does not effect teamwork - as everyone knows, humans are actually robots), and as it continued to fail to address the point.
    Some people need to grow a sense of humor.

    For one thing, my joke pointed out that there are other issues involved with men and women not sharing living spaces. The principal thing is our own society's views on it. In fact, it is against some people's religion to share such spaces with members of the opposite sex they are not married or related to, Mormons for example.

    Can you name a religion where it would be some sin or violation to share spaces with people of a different sexuality than you? Some scriptural support to back this up would be good.

    And, no, believing that they are committing sin does not count because then it would have to stand to reason that you could not share a space with anyone who committed a sin.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    gosh, that almost sounds like an argument for DADT.
    The difference being that it is a lot more likely to cause issues, including pregnancy, which would not be an issue with gays living with straights of the same sex, if you have men and women living together, especially in the numbers of potential partners based off their sexuality than having men of different sexualities living together.

    Spouses are another issue with this. If you talk to most spouses, they are much more concerned with their husbands/wives living with a member of the opposite sex than they are with them living with someone who is gay because there is the chance of a mutual attraction.

    On top of this, I could care less if the military ordered tomorrow that men and women would have to share berthing spaces, even if I got deployed, because I know I can act professionally and anyone who touched me would not only be answering to the Navy but most likely my husband as well. I know it will not happen during my time in the military though because our culture can't even handle men using women's bathrooms when they are crossdressers/transsexuals. As I have said multiple times, I have changed in front of men while in the military. It wasn't a big deal. I have showed my breasts (by accident, when they fell out of my bathing suit doing my PFA) to men in the military. It was embarassing, but it wasn't exactly something to get worked up over. And I have had women who couldn't handle another woman being naked in front of them (some of those older ladies at the gym really are funny when they look so disgusted that someone in a locker room is getting naked in front of them to put on a bathing suit or even just to change into gym clothes). My mother taught me that the human body is just a body. Everyone has one.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #445
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    And you can see of course the potential for problems...correct?
    I see that there is the same potential for problems with or without DADT in place, so we might as well not have DADT and be able to treat everyone fairly and better allow for those problems to be solved by the command rather than continue or be solved in a bad way.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #446
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Uh, yeah, I had to shake that one off, too.

    Dammit!!
    TMI! Way TMI!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #447
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I see that there is the same potential for problems with or without DADT in place, so we might as well not have DADT and be able to treat everyone fairly and better allow for those problems to be solved by the command rather than continue or be solved in a bad way.
    DADT WILL be repealed. Pretending there aren't and wont be problems will only ensure that there will be.

  8. #448
    Professor
    Layla_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Except that women have a legitimate reason to fear rape from testosterone hyped soldiers. Are you suggesting that those effeminate queers are so much tougher than the proud, straight, American soldiers they serve with that there will be a large amount of rapes going on?

    Also, if that were true, why wouldn't it have happened already? Simply knowing that someone else is gay can't possibly make them more likely to rape you.

    Oh yeah, and those same soldiers are ALREADY bunking together... and nothing seems to be happening.

    Please try to understand, very VERY few gays actually pursue heterosexuals. And to suggest that gay soldiers, with full knowledge that fraternization is against the rules, will disregard those rules is downright insulting. Have a little more respect for people who are willing to risk and sacrifice their lives for their country.
    Do you have some proof that our soldiers are likely to rape female soldiers? You should be ashamed of saying this. And they say liberals hate the troups.
    ~Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
    ~I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
    ~If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    George Carlin

  9. #449
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,035

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Really? So men don't share bathrooms with other men anywhere? Women don't share locker rooms with other women anywhere?
    in general society? not unless they choose to.

    And, btw, the military is a part of society.
    no. our rights are constrained, our freedoms severely hampered, we are apart. there is a reason we call it "getting in" or "getting out".

    It isn't required that anyone actually use a public locker room or a public restroom, but it is required that if they do, they cannot prevent other people of the same sex from coming into that space. And they don't have any control over what sexuality those people of the same sex are.
    no, but it is required of people in the military that they shower together, bunk together, and all manner of things thereunto pertaining.

    Some people need to grow a sense of humor.
    i guess i'm generally alot more congenial when i'm not being accused of hatred and bigotry by those who find slinging accusations easier than thinking.

    For one thing, my joke pointed out that there are other issues involved with men and women not sharing living spaces. The principal thing is our own society's views on it. In fact, it is against some people's religion to share such spaces with members of the opposite sex they are not married or related to, Mormons for example.
    so? your religious considerations come far and away second to service in the military. you think you're not going out on patrol because it's saturday and you're Jewish?

    Can you name a religion where it would be some sin or violation to share spaces with people of a different sexuality than you? Some scriptural support to back this up would be good.
    it's easy enough to do - we are ordered not to tempt each other, not to be stumbling blocks. If I honestly believe that lust is sinful, then I shouldn't be forced to partake in actions that may tempt others to engage in it, such as showering with someone who could find me sexually appealing. somehow I think you will not be receptive to those who claim that their religious inclination should keep them from having to shower or bunk with homosexuals.

    And, no, believing that they are committing sin does not count because then it would have to stand to reason that you could not share a space with anyone who committed a sin.
    sure it does - if you are wrong in tempting them into the sin, then you are wrong for doing so.

    The difference being that it is a lot more likely to cause issues, including pregnancy, which would not be an issue with gays living with straights of the same sex, if you have men and women living together, especially in the numbers of potential partners based off their sexuality than having men of different sexualities living together.
    the issues still remain. pregnancy? nah. that's an issue in mixed gender units to be sure, and I agree that introducing females into combat units would be worse than introducing homosexual males. however, the point remains that as far as sexuality is concerned, the basic thrust is the same. I have as much a right to protect my privacy from those who would look on me in a sexual manner as any young female in the military.

    Spouses are another issue with this. If you talk to most spouses, they are much more concerned with their husbands/wives living with a member of the opposite sex than they are with them living with someone who is gay because there is the chance of a mutual attraction.
    why? all members of the military are perfectly professional and disciplined, and hence there is no need for worry, remember?

    On top of this, I could care less if the military ordered tomorrow that men and women would have to share berthing spaces, even if I got deployed, because I know I can act professionally and anyone who touched me would not only be answering to the Navy but most likely my husband as well.
    which doesn't mean for one second that this policy will not create severe issues within the units that it effects.

    I know it will not happen during my time in the military though because our culture can't even handle men using women's bathrooms when they are crossdressers/transsexuals. As I have said multiple times, I have changed in front of men while in the military. It wasn't a big deal. I have showed my breasts (by accident, when they fell out of my bathing suit doing my PFA) to men in the military. It was embarassing, but it wasn't exactly something to get worked up over.
    why embarrassed? is being naked and exposed in front of people who will look at you sexually something that generally invades your privacy?

  10. #450
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,035

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    DADT WILL be repealed. Pretending there aren't and wont be problems will only ensure that there will be.
    truth.




    (more letters).

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •