Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 477

Thread: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

  1. #421
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    OMG, more unions. Unions will be the death of America.
    Nah, one line posts will be. Why do you hate America?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #422
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    So what is the difference if it is just suspected or known without proof and someone being able to say it right out?
    it seems the difference there is rather obvious. one doesn't have to be and one does.

    If someone feels that they cannot perform their job to the best of their ability because they might have to sleep with a gay guy, then they should get out of the military at their next opportunity. Until then, they need to suck it up and do their job. If the gay guy isn't disturbing anyone, i.e. hitting on them or actually trying something, then the fear or discomfort is irrational and needs to be dealt with by the person feeling it. It isn't the gay guy's fault.
    why do you continue to pretend this is a matter of individual professionalism? combat is a team sport.

  3. #423
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    OMG! Honestly, why do you guys keep bringing this up? It is different.

    We have explained this earlier in this thread. Men are not women and women are not men.
    demonstrating a difference in body parts in no way answers the point. we don't seperate men and women because innies and outies can't mix, we separate them because of sexuality.

    it's not different. though it is noteworthy that you would seek to protect women from the very thing that you are demanding of the men.

    They have different body parts and different body functions, including women get a period once a month that I'm pretty sure most men would not be comfortable living with. The women would be very likely to kill the men, at least some of them, if they had to live together all the time and interact that much with men that they weren't even involved with.

    So I guess my answer is that we don't have men and women living together for the protection of the men.
    so? as you put it, who cares if they are comfortable - they need to just magically stop being 18-22 year old males and become more professional. maybe our young females need to just get more comfortable with the fact that they can be required to strip down naked in front of our males.
    Last edited by cpwill; 06-13-11 at 11:50 PM.

  4. #424
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    it seems the difference there is rather obvious. one doesn't have to be and one does.
    Who or what do you mean by "one"? And what exactly is it it that one does have to do and the other doesn't have to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    why do you continue to pretend this is a matter of individual professionalism? combat is a team sport.
    Because individual professionalism or lack of it is what will affect the team, not a stupid stereotype of how a group of people might act or what might happen if we allow gays to say they are gay. If everyone on the team acts professionally and does their job to the best of their ability without allowing their own feelings to hamper their abilities, then the team will work well together. This applies to everyone, gay or straight.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #425
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Nah, one line posts will be. Why do you hate America?
    Meanie.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #426
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    demonstrating a difference in body parts in no way answers the point. we don't seperate men and women because innies and outies can't mix, we separate them because of sexuality.

    it's not different. though it is noteworthy that you would seek to protect women from the very thing that you are demanding of the men.

    so? as you put it, who cares if they are comfortable - they need to just magically stop being 18-22 year old males and become more professional.
    Men and women do not share private spaces in our society unless they choose to do so. Gays and straights do.

    And the second part was a joke based on the fact that there are other reasons that men and women do not live together besides the attraction issue.

    Even if it were just an issue of attraction though, the separation can be justified for the sheer statistical potential of causing problems. The numbers of gays that would be in the military could not justify such an expensive separation just to try to avoid a small number of potential problems.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #427
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Who or what do you mean by "one"? And what exactly is it it that one does have to do and the other doesn't have to do?
    one does not have to be gay, one does. suspect is not know is not deals-with-as-such. this is a sliding scale, to be sure.

    Because individual professionalism or lack of it is what will affect the team, not a stupid stereotype of how a group of people might act or what might happen if we allow gays to say they are gay.
    I'm going to say this slowly, in small words; as apparently this is a difficult concept to comprehend:

    I

    Don't

    Give

    A

    ****

    About

    Any

    Stereotype (if this is too big a concept, replace with "idea")

    About

    How

    Gays

    Will

    Or

    Will

    Not

    Act.

    That

    Is

    Not

    At

    All

    What

    I

    Am

    Arguing

    Despite

    The

    Need

    For

    Some

    To

    Pretend

    It

    Is.

    You

    Are

    Engaging

    In

    A

    Strawman

    Argument.

    If everyone on the team acts professionally and does their job to the best of their ability without allowing their own feelings to hamper their abilities, then the team will work well together.
    sadly, this is incorrect. each individual doing their individual job to the best of their ability marks a step down in ability from the team being able to function as a seamless unit. Combat on the ground is a team sport, not a "bunch of individuals each doing their own thing" sport.

  8. #428
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Men and women do not share private spaces in our society unless they choose to do so. Gays and straights do.
    nobody "in our society" shares private spaces unless they choose to do so. bunking gay males with other males is indeed the same sexually as forcing young females to bunk with males.

    And the second part was a joke based on the fact that there are other reasons that men and women do not live together besides the attraction issue.
    then it was a foolish one - as it contradicted your chief argument on this thread (that ease and comfort with each other does not effect teamwork - as everyone knows, humans are actually robots), and as it continued to fail to address the point.

    Even if it were just an issue of attraction though, the separation can be justified for the sheer statistical potential of causing problems. The numbers of gays that would be in the military could not justify such an expensive separation just to try to avoid a small number of potential problems.
    gosh, that almost sounds like an argument for DADT.

  9. #429
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Navy, I would love to see the two guys who could share a bunk onboard ship, let alone do something while in it. Maybe, in some places a top rack, but even that is unlikely for some one not a contortionist.
    I doubt if 2 gays will share a rack but you can bet there will be incidents of unwanted sexual advances..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #430
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    sure two can share a rack. one guy leans against the wall, the second guy leans against the first - and the first guy get's control of the air conditioning nozzle.

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •