Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 477

Thread: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

  1. #341
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I've given you several examples of units with open gay policies exhibiting piss poor performance in combat.

    It's your turn.
    This is false,, and you have yet to be able to actually connect those dots.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I got a better idea. Show us units from armies with open gay policies that have been trully tested in combat and performed superbly. You don't have any. I already know that. Because units with open gay policies haven't been in any real battled.

    How 'bout those British sailors that were captured--correction--up-n-surrendered to the Iranians a few year ago? They did a fine job. Eh?
    Operation Moshtarak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Not to mention of the key players is attempting to retake United 93 was a gay man himself, I doubt anyone on board said "Hey not that I don't think we should stop these guys, but I can't storm the cockpit with a gay man!"
    United Airlines Flight 93 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    But yes fact is since openly gay service members are a fairly recent thing there aren't many examples, not because they can't fight but because its a recent development. But please give us some kind of detail on how 20,000 people were killed becaue gays were serving openly?

  3. #343
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,023

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Allowing gays to serve openly may have had a negative impact on their combat readiness.

    We hear about how about allowing gays to serve openly has been tried and it suceeded, but in reality those armies that have open gay policies have yet to be tested in combat. One that has been tested--The Dutch--failed miserably and 20,000 people died, because of that failure.
    You need to show some proof that it was purely due to the Dutch allowing gays to serve openly that led to this, not some convoluted correlation equals causation.

    Also, you might want to include why any policy like our own DADT would have been likely to prevent the event from happening. Even if the issue was caused by two gay soldiers leaving their post to get it on (not what the evidence I have seen suggests, but hypothetically speaking here), I want to know why it would have been less likely to have happened had the Dutch had a DADT policy instead of a openly gay policy. The two were breaking a rule either way (if this actually happened) and I can't believe that anyone would be more willing to break a rule about abandoning a post than they would be willing to break a rule about not being caught being gay.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #344
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,023

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I got a better idea. Show us units from armies with open gay policies that have been trully tested in combat and performed superbly. You don't have any. I already know that. Because units with open gay policies haven't been in any real battled.

    How 'bout those British sailors that were captured--correction--up-n-surrendered to the Iranians a few year ago? They did a fine job. Eh?
    Really? My husband's unit knew they had a gay marine in it. They were in battle. Are you telling me that you think their job performance was almost completely dependent on whether they knew about the gay guy being gay or not? I would call the fact that the guys knew that he was gay and didn't care a test by itself. And I am pretty certain that plenty of other units within the US military, including combat units, have guys that everyone knows are gay in them and it doesn't affect their performance one way or another.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #345
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Gay men are not women. Gay women are not men.
    that reply utterly fails to address the point.

  6. #346
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    Why would there be a sexual tension? I can't even imagine that someone would even consider that. Why? Gays are not out to get in bed with straight people. I would have no interest at all in bedding some straight women. I would say that most gays feel the same. So what are these straight people afraid of?
    Being looked at and considered handsome/pretty by someone of the same gender while in the shower....thats really about it.

    Edit: Oh and getting hit on by someone of the same gender. Of course I've never known a gay to hit on someone that they know is heterosexual so....
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #347
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    that reply utterly fails to address the point.
    When you talk as if this is the case, then it is perfectly addressing your point to mention that it is in fact not the case.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #348
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    really. like there was nothing else going on right now so it was the perfect time to do this.
    The best time to deal with civil rights cases is normally as fast as possible.

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Being looked at and considered handsome/pretty by someone of the same gender while in the shower....thats really about it.

    Edit: Oh and getting hit on by someone of the same gender. Of course I've never known a gay to hit on someone that they know is heterosexual so....
    Even if they did, the standard response that everybody should know is "I'm flattered, but I can't." They probably won't press you, but if they do, just say either "I'm taken" or "I'm straight."

    It's a compliment, and should be treated as such.

  10. #350
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Even if they did, the standard response that everybody should know is "I'm flattered, but I can't." They probably won't press you, but if they do, just say either "I'm taken" or "I'm straight."

    It's a compliment, and should be treated as such.
    if it is pressed after being asked not to, its harassment and the command can handle it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •