Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 477

Thread: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

  1. #231
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Bigoted views are bigoted views...and bigots are bigots....you can't escape the facts by trying to spin it and claim "intellectual bankruptcy"....nice try though.

    Bigots claimed that gay marriage would destroy straight marriage....the facts say otherwise
    Bigots claim that allowing gays to serve openly in the military will destroy the military...the facts say otherwise.

    Oops. Wanna try again CP?
    if you can demonstrate a single member on this thread claiming that repealing DADT will "destroy" the military I would be much obliged.

    an ad hominem, a non sequitor, and a straw man fallacy, in the same post. congratulations!

  2. #232
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    WTF are you talking about?...First....you'll be hard pressed to get a Republican elected in 12
    The only way a Democrat will be in the White House after the '12 election, is if someone beats O'Bama in the Democrat primary. Even then, maybe.


    ...in any event....there was no more hatin on the military under Bush than under Obama.
    Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul****!!!!!



    In fact, if anything.....people were MORE supportive of the military under Bush because people were correct in saying that our military should NEVER be used a pawns to fight a personal agenda camoflauged as a war based on lies.
    That's untrue and you damn well know it!!!

  3. #233
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    How does ANYONE suffer when people are allowed to serve based on merit? Seriously....can you give ONE example of anyone that suffered as a result of a gay person serving openly in the military?
    Dutch soldiers at Srebrenica.

  4. #234
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The only way a Democrat will be in the White House after the '12 election, is if someone beats O'Bama in the Democrat primary. Even then, maybe.


    Is that an echo from Democrats in '04 about Bush43?

  5. #235
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Is that an echo from Democrats in '04 about Bush43?
    oh really? So, tell us, what's O'Bama going to run on? Jobs? Energy prices? The Economy? Libya? Fiscal responsibility? Lower taxes? What? Ya'll better hope his campaign slogan isn't, "Four More Years!".

    So far, the only thing he can brag about is killing UBL and everyone knows the only reason that happened, is because he kept Bush's policies in place.

  6. #236
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    oh really? So, tell us, what's O'Bama going to run on? Jobs? Energy prices? The Economy? Libya? Fiscal responsibility? Lower taxes? What? Ya'll better hope his campaign slogan isn't, "Four More Years!".

    So far, the only thing he can brag about is killing UBL and everyone knows the only reason that happened, is because he kept Bush's policies in place.
    Obama can run on the economy's bump in the road. Oh, wait, didn't four of his top economic advisers quit over his economic policies? I guess he can't run on that platform. Maybe he can run on expanding the size of government. So what exactly is the hope and change we can believe in?
    Last edited by Μολὼν λαβέ; 06-11-11 at 11:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  7. #237
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,343
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    there is no everybody wins 1000% option. that's why DADT was a good compromise - it allowed homosexuals who wanted to to serve, without demanding that others suffer for it.
    Actually, with DADT repeal, every one does win. If not now, then in a very few years.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #238
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,343
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Dutch soldiers at Srebrenica.
    That has been refuted. Hearsay second hand evidence denied by basically every one, including all the investigations into the event. And you know this.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I believe it was heroic Navy Seals that got BL.......As far as DADT as Yogi Berra says, "Its not over until its over."

    As far as Hussein Obama goes, his days are numbered..........
    Yours will be too if you keep talking like that.

    Your house is going to be like that compound in Pakistan. You won't hear the black helicopters until they are right over your house......

  10. #240
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    if you can demonstrate a single member on this thread claiming that repealing DADT will "destroy" the military I would be much obliged.

    an ad hominem, a non sequitor, and a straw man fallacy, in the same post. congratulations!
    Weren't you the chicken little a few posts back...claiming that gays in the military would cause the sky to fall....and would result in the loss of "lives and limbs"?

    Sorry....fail again.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •