Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 477

Thread: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

  1. #11
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Anybody who is truly incapable of maintaining discipline with THE GAYS serving openly instead of hidden is someone we don't need in the military anyway. It's America's armed forces. We expect the best.
    What about gays who can't maintain discipline? You're right, we expect the best. We have standards. Not flaunting one's sexuality is a part of that standard.

  2. #12
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,799

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, how were you in the service?
    Are you suggesting that the majority of servicemembers are homophobic? Apparently your opinion of them isn't as high as I thought.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #13
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,799

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What about gays who can't maintain discipline? You're right, we expect the best. We have standards. Not flaunting one's sexuality is a part of that standard.
    Homosexuals who can't maintain discipline should receive exactly the same treatment as anyone else who can't maintain discipline. I'm surprised you'd even ask this question of me. Clearly you have some strange ideas about what homosexuals and their supporters actually want. (hint: equal treatment is equal treatment)
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #14
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Are you suggesting that the majority of servicemembers are homophobic? Apparently your opinion of them isn't as high as I thought.
    Why do you hate our service members?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Homosexuals who can't maintain discipline should receive exactly the same treatment as anyone else who can't maintain discipline. I'm surprised you'd even ask this question of me. Clearly you have some strange ideas about what homosexuals and their supporters actually want. (hint: equal treatment is equal treatment)
    We'll see what tune you sing the first time a gay soldier gets kicked out for, "being gay".
    Last edited by apdst; 06-06-11 at 11:54 PM.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What about gays who can't maintain discipline? You're right, we expect the best. We have standards. Not flaunting one's sexuality is a part of that standard.
    Gee I denno bubbah. The answer of what to do with anybody who can't maintain discipline is so.... elusive... seriously, is your job serve fries at McDonald's or something? Cause that's the only way one would have to be completely ignorant of what to do with any employee who does not perform their duties and tasks.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #16
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Gee I denno bubbah. The answer of what to do with anybody who can't maintain discipline is so.... elusive... seriously, is your job serve fries at McDonald's or something? Cause that's the only way one would have to be completely ignorant of what to do with any employee who does not perform their duties and tasks.
    It's too early to claim a complete success. There hasn't been enough time for anything to go wrong. So, I would wait on the victory parade.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's too early to claim a complete success. There hasn't been enough time for anything to go wrong. So, I would wait on the victory parade.
    People who disapprove of homosexuality are like those lame kids bookstories Goosebumps that they use to give in Jr High. They always try to creep you out by saying "You never know!" at the end of the conversation.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    People who disapprove of homosexuality are like those lame kids bookstories Goosebumps that they use to give in Jr High. They always try to creep you out by saying "You never know!" at the end of the conversation.
    So, basically, anyone that isn't jumping for joy with you right now, is a homophobe? Can you possibly see how lame that logic is? Oh, wait...

  9. #19
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    My husband and I have both had our training.

    Mine included only one question about berthing arrangements and comfort level (that was handled pretty well by our officer who was giving the training). And, there is some talk that the plan right now is to eventually incorporate some sort of benefits arrangement for same sex partners (after a few years, and from what our officer told me from the info he has gotten) should getting SSM legalized take a lot longer than expected.

    My husbands' training included a message from his leading officer that was basically "no change". Although that really isn't true, since an issue that came up in the past year involving a fight between girlfriends shows that there are at least some things that will be treated differently once DADT is officially repealed, including domestic fights (now, at least some military police recommend that no matter the circumstances of a fight between a same sex couple and which was to blame, they should not claim themselves as a couple since they could technically still be discharged for doing so, until the repeal is final, at which time domestic disturbance/violence laws/rules would apply to them as it does opposite sex couples in similar relationships).
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #20
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,114

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    "going through the training" in no way means "found out that you can introduce sexual tension into tight-knit units without suffering a degradation of teamwork and unit cohesion". I've been through the training. It involved listening to a series of videos. Honestly, I read the entire time.

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •