Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 477

Thread: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

  1. #181
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,490

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    So why do you have a problem with gays and hate them so much?
    Why do you hate our military and want to see them lose valuable training time, lose unit cohesion and see soldiers get killed?

  2. #182
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,490

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    Well if they aren't brainwashed but the training, basic training isn't working. Disliking gays is not an emotion. It is a determined thought process. That's why it's called bigotry and not an emotional disorder.
    Basic Training is just that, basic training. Training is a 24/7/365 day activity in the military. If a soldier isn't training, nor sleeping, or on leave, then something is wrong.

  3. #183
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,490

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    You have pretty much hit the nail on the head. Good job assessing their abilities.
    Yeah. They're human and have the same faults and short comings that anyone else has.

  4. #184
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,490

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    So you are saying that the standard person in the military is a low life bigot. You have a terrible opinion of your military don't you? Why do you hate gays so much? Why are you afraid of us? That's pretty laughable. All these big brave straight folks being afraid of gays. hehehehehehe
    Anyone that doesn't think exactly like you is a low life bigot?

  5. #185
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,490

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    If it adds stress than the mindless idiots that are stressed certainly do not belong in the military. Those that believe that it will add stress and want to support that fact and would defend bigots that are stressed by gays make the same statement about themselves. I don't get stressed by straight people. Why would a straight person that isn't a bigot get stressed by gays?
    You need to head down to your local recruiter and sign on the dotted line.

  6. #186
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    still waiting on you to post those naked pictures



    not at all. this is what - after all - you are demanding that male members of the military be willing to do.
    Like I said that is an asinine request. I am not so ignorant to post any nude pictures of me. Nor do I take them. So consider the request stupid and meaningless to defend the fact that you defend bigoted policy and therefore are a bigot. I am asking males to be able to live with males. If the straight males are such cowards as to not be willing to undress in front of a gay male perhaps they should not be in the military. So in the end what i am saying is that bigot cowards are not needed in the military. Maybe that's why your win loss record of late is none to good.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  7. #187
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    which doesn't mean that increasing that stress will not have impact.



    no, what it will do is reduce unit cohesion and create a whole new bevy of problems for the units that can least afford them. up until this point combat units had been somewhat protected by the fact that they were all-male units - and thus didn't have to deal with the problems that women servicemembers bring with them as regards the natural effects of the introduction of sexual tension. now, we are stripping that from them. these units are already dealing with enough problems and now we are dumping another in their laps if you think it's worth the price they will pay in blood so be it - we are a society that deliberately places the military subordinate to politics, and believes fundamentally in fair play - but let's be upfront about the price they will pay.
    Except that the studies into this actually determined that this is not true. So we can take your word on it, when you want it to be the way you say, or we can take the word of actual research into the subject. I wonder which I will trust...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #188
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    as soon as you begin advocating forcing female servicemembers to strip down in front of the males, let me know.
    Hint for those who seem to be confused: gay men are not women. Not even a little bit. In fact, the opposite, they are men. In some cases more manly and macho than strait men. Irrelevant comparisons are irrelevant.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #189
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    no, it is merely an accurate depiction of the social setting you are creating.



    are you so afraid that the guys on the board here will want you if you post naked pictures? why do you persist in such a childish attitude?
    No it is actually an asinine statement. A ploy of a bigot to create some kind of premise on which to defend his bigoted attitude.
    I could care less who would see me naked but I am not so ignorant as to have pictures of me that way anyhow. You are not even making an accurate example. If you like to flash your naked pictures on line maybe that's your thing. Do you? How many people to you post your naked pics to?
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  10. #190
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    this is incorrect. the ACLU, for example, defends racists, nazis, the westboro baptist folks, etc. alike. The Supreme Court and the Constitution does so as well.



    i don't have to pretend anything. opposing the repeal of DADT because it would have a deleterious effect on combat readiness is not the equivalent of bigotry, however much you wish to pretend that it is.
    Yeah the bigots would be offended. They will be so upset that there masculinity will be challenged. Gays usually keep to gays. I don't hit on straight women so why would a gay man hit on a straight guy. Unless that straight guy is just in the closet.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •