Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 477

Thread: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

  1. #131
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,077

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Maybe, but not likely to be a huge amount more and it could be balanced out from not having to deal with as many cases of investigating claims of homosexuality and/or taking the time to actually put someone out for admitting homosexuality.
    considering the vanishing rareness of such cases, i sincerely doubt it.

  2. #132
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, basically, anyone that isn't jumping for joy with you right now, is a homophobe? Can you possibly see how lame that logic is? Oh, wait...
    I'd say that that is an accurate assessment.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  3. #133
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    really. like there was nothing else going on right now so it was the perfect time to do this.
    That excuse is used every time change is implemented. And that is just exactly what it is, an excuse. That is all those scared of gay cooties have left.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #134
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    yeah, but you're actually in a close quarter unit. What could you possibly know?
    So why do you have a problem with gays and hate them so much?
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  5. #135
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You act as if our service members are super human and don't have the same emotions that everyone else does.

    And just think, a few years ago, most Lefties saw them as a bunch of brainwashed murderers.
    Well if they aren't brainwashed but the training, basic training isn't working. Disliking gays is not an emotion. It is a determined thought process. That's why it's called bigotry and not an emotional disorder.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  6. #136
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,077

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That excuse is used every time change is implemented.
    i couldn't care less if you think it's an excuse or not. our combat arms guys are already stressed enough, and the units are already facing plenty of problems. Suicide is on the rise again, PTSD continues to plague, and now they want to dump the problems of dealing with this on our laps as though nothing was more important to an organization where stress costs lives than pleasing left-wing pressure groups.

    there is a good reason that the units and branches most effected by the wars are the ones that poll most heavily against this.

  7. #137
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,077

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    So why do you have a problem with gays and hate them so much?
    I'm unaware of anyone making the argument that they do or should. My little sister is a lesbian - came out to me first so I could help her with the folks because she knew she would get love and support.

    but that doesn't alter the fact that repealing DADT will put increased stress on the units least capable of handling it, and on the units where added stress is paid for in the currency of blood.
    Last edited by cpwill; 06-11-11 at 01:16 PM.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    katie, if you were taking a shower and some random dude jumped in....

    .... would you say that your negative reaction would be indicative that you hate men?
    ............. Will. You're against gays serving openly in the military?

  9. #139
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You act as if our service members are super human and don't have the same emotions that everyone else does.

    And just think, a few years ago, most Lefties saw them as a bunch of brainwashed murderers.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    wait a minute - post Gitmo/Abu Ghraib I thought we were supposed to be fascist torturers...???



    man... it's so hard to keep my billet description straight...
    You have pretty much hit the nail on the head. Good job assessing their abilities.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  10. #140
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Officials: Half of force trained on gay ban repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I have yet to meet one person in the military that is happy with gays serving openly in the military...
    So you are saying that the standard person in the military is a low life bigot. You have a terrible opinion of your military don't you? Why do you hate gays so much? Why are you afraid of us? That's pretty laughable. All these big brave straight folks being afraid of gays. hehehehehehe
    Last edited by katiegrrl0; 06-11-11 at 01:26 PM.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •