Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Tens of thousands protest outside Greek parliament

  1. #31
    Advisor shades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-28-16 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    322

    Re: Tens of thousands protest outside Greek parliament

    well Obama should be lining up the war planes to bomb the presidential palace any minute now then, right?

    did I miss something?
    I'M VOTING FOR THE WHITE GUY THIS TIME

  2. #32
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-13 @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,932

    Re: Tens of thousands protest outside Greek parliament

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    Sorry I phrased the question poorly. I meant how much of it was accrued under military rule. I was thinking of examples like Duvalier in Haiti, foreigners install and support a regime, the regime takes out huge loans then leaves the people with the debt. Best racket in the world.
    Well, not much as far as I know. But historically, the root of the problem is the violence between the two warring parties. I think both parties are to blame for trying to secure as much of the 'public cake' as possible.

  3. #33
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Tens of thousands protest outside Greek parliament

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    First of all .. every conservative outside the US is light years to the left of American conservatives.

    Secondly, Greek conservatives are just like every other conservative politician in the real world. They cut taxes, sell off state companies to friends and allow big business to run amok.. and hello financial crisis!
    Your usually pretty clued up when it comes to European politics but in this case what you say is stupid and nonsensical.

    ALL left wing governments in Europe have denied the existence of debt and economic downturn in there countries in order to continue financing there ideological beliefs that money that they do not have should flow constantly and be spent on businesses and services that are better run in the private sector. What has that led too?

    You can thank the Labour party for destroying Britain and many other left wing parties in Europe for destroying there respective national budgets and realistic conservative governments have been voted in each time to clean up the mess.

    The previous government didnt run the country to the ground because they followed conservative economic policies.....infact what they did was something very typical of the European left. The Greek conservatives are clearly very immoral people incapable of telling the truth, who thought spending other peoples money and then hiding it would enrich them and it is not something you can pin on conservative values and be taken seriously.
    Last edited by kaya'08; 06-07-11 at 07:44 AM.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  4. #34
    Advisor shades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-28-16 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    322

    Re: Tens of thousands protest outside Greek parliament

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Your usually pretty clued up when it comes to European politics but in this case what you say is stupid and nonsensical.

    ALL left wing governments in Europe have denied the existence of debt and economic downturn in there countries in order to continue financing there ideological beliefs that money that they do not have should flow constantly and be spent on businesses and services that are better run in the private sector. What has that led too?

    You can thank the Labour party for destroying Britain and many other left wing parties in Europe for destroying there respective national budgets and realistic conservative governments have been voted in each time to clean up the mess.

    The previous government didnt run the country to the ground because they followed conservative economic policies.....infact what they did was something very typical of the European left. The Greek conservatives are clearly very immoral people incapable of telling the truth, who thought spending other peoples money and then hiding it would enrich them and it is not something you can pin on conservative values and be taken seriously.
    and interesting enough all of this sounds very familiar to somethinga little closer to home here in the states
    I'M VOTING FOR THE WHITE GUY THIS TIME

  5. #35
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Tens of thousands protest outside Greek parliament

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    and interesting enough all of this sounds very familiar to somethinga little closer to home here in the states
    Its not a European leftist thing believe me, its leftists in general.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Tens of thousands protest outside Greek parliament

    [QUOTE=PeteEU;1059545351]Just saying that is what they are saying... it might or might not be rational but that is how they are feeling and saying.[/QU

    They are like children having a temper tantrum because Mommy (the state) won't give them their allowance.

    People have become economically illiterate, and the same holds true in other western nations.. Few can get their financial house in order yet the people will continue to ask for more services. Genuine leadership often requires that the government says No before these points are reached but politicians are often fearful of not getting re-elected should they take this position.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Tens of thousands protest outside Greek parliament

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    No. Moving to the Euro was not a mistake. The world needed a counter weight to the US dollar not to mention the positives of having a currency union for business and competition.

    The mistake was allowing Greece into the Euro because Greece was not ready at all and lied about many things.
    It too bad the EU wasn't efficient enough to check over the paperwork before allowing Greece into the Union. They should have done the same with several others until the EU was just the UK, Germany and France, all traditional allies.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •