Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 287

Thread: Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure

  1. #261
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Anything like this is going to have to shake out a bit. As I noted in a buried post, Kentucky has something like this as well. States with Republican Governors will share notes.

    I am still shocked at how the Obamabots try to fight this. I would tell them not to worry. They can still buy those votes with a fifth of Ripple on election day.
    Well partasin nonsense aside, id fight it also if these questions cant get answered and I was voting on it. Like I said I love it in premise but that doesnt mean its right, logical or actually works yet.

    I love the idea of stoning rapist to death while they are naked, covered in honey, bees and fire ants BUT that doesnt make it right
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Well partasin nonsense aside, id fight it also if these questions cant get answered and I was voting on it. Like I said I love it in premise but that doesnt mean its right, logical or actually works yet.

    I love the idea of stoning rapist to death while they are naked, covered in honey, bees and fire ants BUT that doesnt make it right
    Centrist ... "puhleeeeze !!!!" I would enjoy a reasoned discussion, but your analogy is someone pissing in a cup, verses the stoning-ants-honey thing.

    If you need to make such an absurd analogy, please pause before hitting the "post" button, and grab a Bud Lite before you try again .

  3. #263
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,535

    Re: Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    You are mistaken. Conservatives are for spending wisely. Conservatives are for government wisely. Conservatives are for accountability wisely.

    Do you see the common distinction ?
    Libertarians are for less government. Conservatives are for lower taxes, but more government control of our lives. That is the distinction.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #264
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Centrist ... "puhleeeeze !!!!" I would enjoy a reasoned discussion, but your analogy is someone pissing in a cup, verses the stoning-ants-honey thing.

    If you need to make such an absurd analogy, please pause before hitting the "post" button, and grab a Bud Lite before you try again .
    the example was purely for humor and how that wasnt blantly obvious to you Ill never knowlol

    anyway my post still stands , in theory this seems great but without those questions answered I could vote either way given the chance with the small article it seems to have more problems than solutions but all the questions i have might already be answered, article doesnt say and I do not know.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Libertarians are for less government. Conservatives are for lower taxes, but more government control of our lives. That is the distinction.
    Because you say so just don't cut it. What you said is just plain BS. Try again.

  6. #266
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,535

    Re: Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Because you say so just don't cut it. What you said is just plain BS. Try again.

    Are you seriously going to argue that Libertarians aren't for less government?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    the example was purely for humor and how that wasnt blantly obvious to you Ill never knowlol

    anyway my post still stands , in theory this seems great but without those questions answered I could vote either way given the chance with the small article it seems to have more problems than solutions but all the questions i have might already be answered, article doesnt say and I do not know.
    With any government program, we can look at the intent, and then await to see how the unintended consequences work out.

    That your example was meant to be absurd, in humor, etc ... it was also the only example you gave. Like I said ... Bud Lite maybe.

    I am a firm believer that before you can gauge the effectivelness of any program, you have to set it on the strongest possible foundation, then go up from there. Not subsidizing crack heads is integral to any good foundation. Its better for taxpayers. Its better for those who have a crack-head in their link of dependency. And it even puts the pressure on the crack head to be accountable. That makes it not only a win .. but all in spades.

    For anyone here to suggest that I have to subsidize a crack head, for even the most convoluted reason, is left-wing liberal willy-nilly nonsense. We have self-poroclaimed Libertarians here who apparently haven't a clue about being a Libertarian. I don't give a **** what anyone sticks in their bodies using their money (so long as they endanger no one else). But I'll be god-damned if they will do it with my money.

    Can't be more simple.

  8. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Are you seriously going to argue that Libertarians aren't for less government?
    Try again. You stated the Conservatives are for more Government control of your life. You are highly confused. Conservatives are for me having more control of what I earn. And that you have better control of what you earn too

  9. #269
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,535

    Re: Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Try again. You stated the Conservatives are for more Government control of your life. You are highly confused. Conservatives are for me having more control of what I earn. And that you have better control of what you earn too
    Oh! So, you're actually trying to say that conservatives don't want the government to have more control of our lives because they're for lower taxes. No, they aren't so much for control of our money as they are for control of other things.

    Libertarians would allow the individual to decide on which chemicals are bad, who they should marry, and whether to carry a fetus to term. Conservatives position on those issues are quite different, aren't they?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #270
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    With any government program, we can look at the intent, and then await to see how the unintended consequences work out.

    That your example was meant to be absurd, in humor, etc ... it was also the only example you gave. Like I said ... Bud Lite maybe.

    I am a firm believer that before you can gauge the effectivelness of any program, you have to set it on the strongest possible foundation, then go up from there. Not subsidizing crack heads is integral to any good foundation. Its better for taxpayers. Its better for those who have a crack-head in their link of dependency. And it even puts the pressure on the crack head to be accountable. That makes it not only a win .. but all in spades.

    For anyone here to suggest that I have to subsidize a crack head, for even the most convoluted reason, is left-wing liberal willy-nilly nonsense. We have self-poroclaimed Libertarians here who apparently haven't a clue about being a Libertarian. I don't give a **** what anyone sticks in their bodies using their money (so long as they endanger no one else). But I'll be god-damned if they will do it with my money.

    Can't be more simple.
    LMAO
    did you simply just talk like that and think it was that simple?
    While again I agree with you in premise the fact remains that you just painted that story biasly with your own partisan brush and not with the brush of reality.

    1.) why even mention libertarians, liberals or left wing willy nilly nonsense? this weakens your argument it doesnt strengthen in to anybody objective.

    2.) do I agree that "Not subsidizing crack heads is integral to any good foundation." of course but acting like this is all its going to do is dishonesty. Will it do this? it absolutely might and that would be AWESOME.

    it could also only catch people that smoke weed and miss all the hard core drug attics
    it could also good triple costs since 90+% of these recipients arent on drugs.
    it could also could make those 90% fill discriminated against or feel their rights are being violated.
    It could also increase crime and domestic disputes
    it could also flood the child services system
    it could also gives us MORE dependents instead of less.

    again Im not saying its going to do any of this for sure or that its good or bad even, just saying these things arent any more less likely to happen in any great margin with out more facts that we do not have.

    Sorry, like i said in theory Im all for this but I wont act like its gonna be all sunshine and rainbows and its certainly not "simple" by any stretch of the imagination.

    I hope it works and works well and I hope if its broken it can be easily fixed to make it work.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •