Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 81

Thread: Horror for US Economy as Data Falls off Cliff

  1. #61
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Horror for US Economy as Data Falls off Cliff

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Given that can you show me how Republicans control one-half of the federal government? From memory, without Google's assistance, I think Republicans only control the House. Your mileage may vary.
    Yeah, to the casual observer, but allow me to illustrate the way I see it:

    The Democrats, obviously, have the White House.

    The Republicans have the House, and they have enough seats to filibuster in the Senate. As such, they firmly control one lobe of the legislative branch, and have enough control over the other that the Democrats can't jam anything through.

    The Supreme Court has a decidedly conservative lean.

    That looks like half the government to me.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  2. #62
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Horror for US Economy as Data Falls off Cliff

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    o They believed that government must be tightly controlled and constrained lest it become Leviathan. They were right to fear an all powerful, central government. Today's conservatives believe the same.
    o They believed that a division of powers and responsibilities between the three branches of the federal government, the States, and the People provided for the best means of maintaining their freedoms, their liberty, and their livelihoods. Today's conservatives recognize that the Federal government has become enormously powerful with the three branches cooperating rather than contending as the Framers had planned it. So power once set down by the States must be taken up once again.
    The Framers were classical liberals. So are today's Conservatives.
    Words are like that.
    Must be you're saying that there aren't a lot of "today's Conservatives" in the Republican party.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Horror for US Economy as Data Falls off Cliff

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Yeah, to the casual observer, but allow me to illustrate the way I see it:

    The Democrats, obviously, have the White House.

    The Republicans have the House, and they have enough seats to filibuster in the Senate.
    As such, they firmly control one lobe of the legislative branch, and have enough control over the other that the Democrats can't jam anything through.
    The Supreme Court has a decidedly conservative lean.
    That looks like half the government to me.
    And that is why you lose. It is creative though.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Horror for US Economy as Data Falls off Cliff

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Must be you're saying that there aren't a lot of "today's Conservatives" in the Republican party.
    I do agree. There are not enough conservatives in the Republican Party. Fortunately there is the Tea Party. And those conservatives are running for local and state offices in droves. They are replacing liberals and so-called moderates at every level of government across the nation. The nicest part is that you won't even see your defeat coming.
    Oops. Did I just type that out loud?

  5. #65
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Horror for US Economy as Data Falls off Cliff

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    And that is why you lose. It is creative though.
    So you've got absolutely no counter-argument. Noted.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  6. #66
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Horror for US Economy as Data Falls off Cliff

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I do agree. There are not enough conservatives in the Republican Party. Fortunately there is the Tea Party. And those conservatives are running for local and state offices in droves. They are replacing liberals and so-called moderates at every level of government across the nation. The nicest part is that you won't even see your defeat coming.
    Oops. Did I just type that out loud?
    My defeat? I'm pissed at both the Republicans and Democrats. You have no idea what my "defeat" would look like.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Horror for US Economy as Data Falls off Cliff

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    So you've got absolutely no counter-argument. Noted.
    There wasn't anything to counter. There is the truth, provided by me. And there was your view of the truth, provided by you. What else need be said?

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Horror for US Economy as Data Falls off Cliff

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    My defeat? I'm pissed at both the Republicans and Democrats. You have no idea what my "defeat" would look like.
    Fine. Perhaps you will be delighted in a few years when the new crop of conservatives are ready to provide adult leadership to this country. I shall, for the moment, assume you will be delighted.

  9. #69
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,828

    Re: Horror for US Economy as Data Falls off Cliff

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Fine. Perhaps you will be delighted in a few years when the new crop of conservatives are ready to provide adult leadership to this country. I shall, for the moment, assume you will be delighted.
    It's so cute that you think this is what will happen.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #70
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Horror for US Economy as Data Falls off Cliff

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    There is the truth, provided by me. And there was your view of the truth, provided by you.
    No, there's where you sort-of got it right and didn't use your rendition of the truth to explain how the Republicans are not in control of half of the government.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •