Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Fights break out at Carson Beach

  1. #1
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:36 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,099

    Fights break out at Carson Beach

    Fights break out at Carson Beach - The Boston Globe

    Fights broke out among rival gang members on Carson Beach in South Boston yesterday and spilled out across the city, triggering a massive law enforcement response from at least five agencies to stem the violence.

    Tweet 25 people Tweeted this.ShareThis .Police said the gang members are part of a group of more than 1,000 youths who have used social media sites like Facebook to plan unruly gatherings on the beach on three of the past four nights. The beach falls under the jurisdiction of the State Police, who have been unable to prevent the violence.

    The response yesterday resembled crowd-control tactics reserved for major sporting victories.

    State Police were already on edge, after a trooper was accosted Sunday night by members of the group. The trooper chased one of the youths, who ran, clutching the waistband of his shorts “consistent with the manner in which a person with a gun would hold it,’’ said David Procopio, a spokesman for the State Police.
    And if that weren't enough.......

    Steve Rothaus' Gay South Florida

    Poet Gunned Down In N. Miami « CBS Miami

    Myrtle Beach police inundated with crime during 8-hour window - Local - TheSunNews.com

    Police Break Up Fights at Charlotte Beach - Rochester, News, Weather, Sports, and Events - 13WHAM.com

    Victim's family, city leaders have questions after uptown shooting | WCNC.com Charlotte

    Unruly crowds shut down Wave Country | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

    Uptown chaos causes DNC concern - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC-

    Add all this to the increasing danger of walking into a fast-food restaurant to order a cheeseburger, and all hell is breaking loose.

    I was in Miami recently, and the nightly news is just filled with daily violence all over the city. It's got to be one of the most dangerous cities in the world.

    What in Sam Hill is going on with people?

  2. #2
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Fights break out at Carson Beach

    Don't you recognize a socialist utopia when you see one?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:36 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,099

    Re: Fights break out at Carson Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Don't you recognize a socialist utopia when you see one?
    Oh, is that what it is? My bad.

    Guess I misheard.

  4. #4
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Fights break out at Carson Beach

    Arlington has gone to hell in a handbasket over the last 10 years. It's crazy to see the decline.

    When I was in high school the mayor of Arlington was a complete tool who insisted that we didn't have a gang problem. Meanwhile, there are knife fights between rival gangs at one high school, another gang fight involved metal pipes and 2x4s at my high school, the mall turned into nothing more than gang patrols (it got to the point that the police department installed a satellite office with holding cells in the mall. When they decided to build the new Cowboys stadium here they bought out the people in the worst neighborhood in the city (with the highest crime rate) at twice the value of their homes, so they just spread out and brought the crime with them. Now you can't drive through my parents neighborhood without seeing competing gang tags on the street signs or sides of people's fences.

    Cops in Arlington were threatened at their homes following their decision not to charge the off-duty Houston cop who shot and killed a young man who had a weapon and refused to "drop it" as instructed. Cops were told "don't wear your uniforms to/from work, don't take off-duty jobs". The angry group who were responsible for the threats and concerns protested at the Arlington jail, blocking in police officers who were trying to leave for patrol or after their shifts had ended. Some of the protesters were violent. The police chief and mayor said not to arrest any of the protesters. Cops arrested some of the violent ones anyway and were disciplined for it.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  5. #5
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:36 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,099

    Re: Fights break out at Carson Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Arlington has gone to hell in a handbasket over the last 10 years. It's crazy to see the decline.

    When I was in high school the mayor of Arlington was a complete tool who insisted that we didn't have a gang problem. Meanwhile, there are knife fights between rival gangs at one high school, another gang fight involved metal pipes and 2x4s at my high school, the mall turned into nothing more than gang patrols (it got to the point that the police department installed a satellite office with holding cells in the mall. When they decided to build the new Cowboys stadium here they bought out the people in the worst neighborhood in the city (with the highest crime rate) at twice the value of their homes, so they just spread out and brought the crime with them. Now you can't drive through my parents neighborhood without seeing competing gang tags on the street signs or sides of people's fences.

    Cops in Arlington were threatened at their homes following their decision not to charge the off-duty Houston cop who shot and killed a young man who had a weapon and refused to "drop it" as instructed. Cops were told "don't wear your uniforms to/from work, don't take off-duty jobs". The angry group who were responsible for the threats and concerns protested at the Arlington jail, blocking in police officers who were trying to leave for patrol or after their shifts had ended. Some of the protesters were violent. The police chief and mayor said not to arrest any of the protesters. Cops arrested some of the violent ones anyway and were disciplined for it.
    I lived in Arlington for over 10 years before I migrated to the north side of the metroplex. I don't even recognize the place when I go through there anymore.

  6. #6
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Fights break out at Carson Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I lived in Arlington for over 10 years before I migrated to the north side of the metroplex. I don't even recognize the place when I go through there anymore.
    I grew up in Irving, then moved to Euless before leaving the state for 4 years. When I moved to Arlington later I was shocked at how nice it was, overall. Parks Mall was pristine back then. My dad could drop me off at 15 and I could wander the mall with $200, all by myself...and that was perfectly safe. Now, at 26, I wouldn't wander that mall alone with a bottle of mace. And the most influential family in the city (Vandergriffs) would rather fight over how close a Hooters is to a high school than worry about the crime rates and general decay of the city they essentially put on the map.

    I live on the southwest side of Plano now (technically Far North Dallas) and I can't believe how much nicer it is....and the cost of living is less, which is even more amazing.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  7. #7
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,799

    Re: Fights break out at Carson Beach

    This reminds me of the shark scare a few years ago. Even though there were statistically less shark attacks, the media, decided to make shark attacks a huge deal, seemingly like they were happening every day. They werent.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Fights break out at Carson Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Don't you recognize a socialist utopia when you see one?
    Random gang violence is the fault of liberals, you heard it here first!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #10
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Fights break out at Carson Beach

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/24/us/24crime.html?_r=1

    Or you could use numbers and not some anecdotes as your evidence.

    We are safer now from violent crime than we have been in nearly 40 years.

    But live in your scary fantasy if you'd like.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •