Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 179

Thread: RT presenter choked by police

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    06-05-11 @ 05:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    117

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Dancing ... might cost the Parks Service millions of dollars a year in revenue if dancing was allowed for all I know.
    Might cost? How can a human body that is slightly accelerated in movement and rhythmic in nature cause millions in revenue, compared to people just standing?

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    BTW, smoking has been shown to increase the chances of getting cancer. If you smoke, there is no proof that you will contract cancer. If you smell smoke, you aren’t going to get cancer but you might be offended.
    It increases that chance you get cancer. It's smell is invasive and unaesthetic. The harm is may be neglible for one moment, but society is concerned with the accumulative exposure which increase the level of harm. Smoking an unneccessary, filthy and is an accumulative hazard to others, so it should be limited to areas where it affects only the person doing it.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The people dancing didn't get hurt.... can you show me where they did?

    If you are going to cite the guy yelling about his shoulder... I would suggest you re-watch the video because it appears that the longer haired guy in the white shirt complaining about his shoulder was actually speaking to the idiot fellow protestor who grabbed his shoulder and tried to pull him away when the officer went to arrest him. The guy who started yelling about his shoulder was complying with the officer before his idiot buddy started trying to pull him away. His own protestor buddy was the one who caused that injury. Officer and White-Shirt Longer Haired protestor were doing just fine with the peaceful arrest procedure.
    Being thrown on the ground "hurts" in any other situation with any other person, it would be assault and battery.

    There should of been no arrest, there was no victim in a crime.
    It's totally wrong.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  3. #83
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    But can you tell me how it applies?

    The way you suggest it means that If I go to arrest a drunk driver tonight, and he says, "Im not giving you the authority to arrest me" Im supposed to just stop......

    Making this generalized statement means nothing if you can't show how it actually applies, its nothing more than empty rhetoric.
    You made an appeal to authority in the courts saying that they were higher then the people. I proved you wrong with the law. Do you enforce all laws or selectively pick them? I ask because every time I bring up this provision of state Constitutions you bristle.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Being thrown on the ground "hurts" in any other situation with any other person, it would be assault and battery.

    There should of been no arrest, there was no victim in a crime.
    It's totally wrong.
    So you are going to blame the police for a situation that a fellow protestor created?

    So If I go to arrest someone, and they begin to comply, and then their friend comes from left field and does a football tackle on the arrestee to seperate me from him and keep his friend from getting handcuffed that injury that is created is MY fault?

    Are you that ..... (nevermind).
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    You made an appeal to authority in the courts saying that they were higher then the people. I proved you wrong with the law. Do you enforce all laws or selectively pick them? I ask because every time I bring up this provision of state Constitutions you bristle.
    So, you can't tell me how it actually applies.

    You can't explain how the power of the people applies to a particular situation can you?

    Thanks for answering the question.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    06-05-11 @ 05:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    117

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    I find your reasoning humorous. You can’t find anything real to argue on the issue so you make Nazi comparisons. It is the sign of a weak mind and a weak argument (with a lot of drama queen thrown in too).

    Right. Arresting protesters who break the law is the same as the holocaust and the cops are no different than the monsters who threw Jews into ovens. What a great argument. Should we hang these Nazi cops at The Hague?
    You sound like a sympathiser. Anything that may remind a person of the horrors committed by Nazis must be considered in a bad light. One problem though, you did misuse Godwin's Law. It wasn't intended to point out a fallacy. It was intended to point out that using Hitler in an analogy may diminish ones argument. My point was appropriate, because it was about following orders that harm innocent people.

    As for your second paragraph, you have committed the Strawman argument. I never said that and any reasonable person follwing this thread knows it. Your credibility has just lost a few points. The only way for you to gain those points is to admit you have misunderstood things or pretend some more, which also causes a loss in credibility points.

    I myself prefer humility. As a chess player, I know I win a new strategy when I loose. Defeat need not be so bad.
    Last edited by empireofreason; 05-29-11 at 10:27 PM.

  7. #87
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So, you can't tell me how it actually applies.

    You can't explain how the power of the people applies to a particular situation can you?

    Thanks for answering the question.
    I actually did answer your question, but I'll be more clearer. The final determination of what is legal, just, and constitutional rests in the hands of the people. It is a protected right in the Constitution of the United States and all of the state Constitutions. Do you or do you not support the protected right of the people to being the final authority on government?

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    06-05-11 @ 05:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    117

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    No. Law Enforcement Officers are authorized to make arrests for violations of the law that are above an infraction. (There are infractions, misdemeanors, and felonies, in that order). Any Law Enforcement Officer that is attempting to effect an arrest may use the force that is reasonable and prudent in the circumstance of resistance they are facing. Nowhere does it say that the crime have to be one which is harming others in order for officers to use force. Use of force is not a PUNISHMENT, it is a tool used to make an arrest in a situation where one is resisting that arrest.
    I don't care what stupidity they are authorized to do. Use some common sense or look like an idiot like these guys.

  9. #89
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Victimless crimes hurt no one, the ones you listed could have side effects on non using bystanders.
    We could make a new thread debating the effects of second hand smoke but I’ll concede that those weren’t the best examples.

    What if I decided to have sex with my partner on the Lincoln Memorial where everyone could see? Should I be arrested?

    How about if I went into a library and began to scream at the top of my lungs while you were trying to read a book or study? Should I be arrested?

    What if I decided to get naked and run across the field at a sporting event? Should I be arrested?

    There is a difference between public and private. There are no laws against dancing, having sex, getting naked or screaming at the top of your lungs but there are laws that prohibit where you can and can’t do it.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  10. #90
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    Quote Originally Posted by empireofreason View Post
    You sound like a sympathiser. Anything that may remind a person of the horrors committed by Nazis must be considered in a bad light. One problem though, you did misuse Godwin's Law. It wasn't intended to point out a fallacy. It was intended to point out that using Hitler in an analogy may diminish ones argument. My point was appropriate, because it was about following orders that harm innocent people.

    As for your second paragraph, you have committed the Strawman argument. I never said that and any reasonable person follwing this thread knows it. Your credibility has just lost a few points. The only way for you to gain those points is to admit you have misunderstood things or pretend some more, which also causes a loss in credibility points.

    I myself prefer humility. As a chess player, I know I win a new strategy when I loose. Defeat need not be so bad.
    No, it points out that the first to rush to Nazi comparisons loses the argument, loser.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •