Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Results 171 to 179 of 179

Thread: RT presenter choked by police

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    I agree with maximus that this was wrong but not with the tag of 'brutality' possibly 'unnecessarily-heavy-handedness'

  2. #172
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Whats illegal about dancing in a public place when the constitution grants you freedom of expression? The point of a constitution is that any government cannot take away any rights given in it, or make laws that contradict it.
    The only valid law that can nullify a constitution is a new constitution... Do you want that or will you defend your current constitution?
    What if I want to express my dislike for someone by putting a bullet through their head?

    The constitution says I am "free to express" (actually it doesn't, but...)
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #173
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    I agree with maximus that this was wrong but not with the tag of 'brutality' possibly 'unnecessarily-heavy-handedness'
    Take it up with those who make the laws then.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #174
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Considering the circumastance it was brutal. You have to react in an appropriate way to the situation. These people were resisting nothing, and was choked and thrown to the ground. First of all they should not have been arrested, secondly if they should have they should have been treated gently as they showed no violent signs. The police reaction here was appripriate for a situation were a crowd resist, perhaps run away a little, push the policeman or other people a little.
    You apparently didn't watch the video.

    The officer was attempting to arrest the shaved head tattooed guy and he kept pulling his hands away and walking away from the officer. Thats resisting arrest. He was given several opportunities including a warning.
    He still refused (as he was looking to get some sort of bad reaction from the police). He was picked up and dropped on the ground, on his side, where he was arrested.

    Would you have the police following him around as he continued to walk from them and refuse to cooperate for an hour? I don't think so, this isn't mambi-pambi land.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #175
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    People are threading in emotions - and forgetting that resisting arrest is resisting arrest. It doesn't matter WHAT you did to necessitate arrest *nor* does it matter whether the cop was WRONG to try ot arrest you.

    Those two things are to be dealt with and determine *after* the event - by a 3rd party (judge, booker, magistrate, etc) . . . not by the individual(s) involved directly in the incident.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  6. #176
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Whats illegal about dancing in a public place when the constitution grants you freedom of expression? The point of a constitution is that any government cannot take away any rights given in it, or make laws that contradict it.
    The only valid law that can nullify a constitution is a new constitution... Do you want that or will you defend your current constitution?
    The constitution doesnít grant me freedom of anything. The constitution creates a federal government and grants that federal government a few specific powers while making it clear that any powers not granted to said government are reserved to the people and the states.

    The problem you have is you view the Constitution in a completely backwards manner. Go educate yourself a little more before preaching what the Constitution is and isnít.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  7. #177
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    The constitution doesn’t grant me freedom of anything. The constitution creates a federal government and grants that federal government a few specific powers while making it clear that any powers not granted to said government are reserved to the people and the states.

    The problem you have is you view the Constitution in a completely backwards manner. Go educate yourself a little more before preaching what the Constitution is and isn’t.
    I now understand your stance on the bill of rights...

    What if the bill of rights have been made completely invalid by silly laws that says you cannot do that, cannot dance there etc.
    Are you seriously saying the bill of righs can be invalidated by new laws? what is the point of the bill of rights then? 5he bill of rights was included to satisfy the people who were worried about the constitution, to make sure everyone got as they wanted.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  8. #178
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I now understand your stance on the bill of rights...

    What if the bill of rights have been made completely invalid by silly laws that says you cannot do that, cannot dance there etc.
    Are you seriously saying the bill of righs can be invalidated by new laws? what is the point of the bill of rights then? 5he bill of rights was included to satisfy the people who were worried about the constitution, to make sure everyone got as they wanted.
    The Bill of Rights can not be invalidated unless we, the people stand by and allow it to be invalidated. Let's see:

    Patriot Act
    Asset Forfeiture

    Will we pay the price of liberty, which is eternal vigilance?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: RT presenter choked by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    RT presenter choked by police — RT

    police brutality and arrests took place in Washington DC as police brutally cracked down on a crowd of people for dancing by a Washinton DC memorial...

    a new victory for American style democracy and free speech and expression..
    This is insane!

    Who passed this crazy law?

    It certainly does reflect badly on the United States.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •