Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58

Thread: people arrested and atacked for not standing for anthem

  1. #1
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,107

    people arrested and atacked for not standing for anthem


  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,208
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: people arrested and atacked for not standing for anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    Simply a demonstration of the insistence of demonstrations of patriotism taken too far

  3. #3
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,782

    Re: people arrested and atacked for not standing for anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    ~ this seems rather disturbing
    And also seen in other countries where freedom of expression is supposedly enshrined but then people are attacked for expressing their freedoms.
    Find Corrie McKeague, missing RAF serviceman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Breibart journo Milo Yiannopoulos (this is ironic because "race realists" exist)
    "The real racists… are very serious, are deep into studies and data attempting to prove that some races are smarter than other races - they're really dorky." Link.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    France
    Last Seen
    02-04-17 @ 03:49 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    773

    Re: people arrested and atacked for not standing for anthem

    Extremism is inevitable in disunited nations such as India. Every week a hate crime makes a Hindu or Muslim victim. People are seeking a way to restore social bond and ethnic cleansing appears to them as the only way to do that.

    The best way to avoid extremism is to have a homogeneous nation with a strong national identity.

    A weak national identity and multiple strong identities can only give birth to extremism, as it did in Germany and Italy before.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,874

    Re: people arrested and atacked for not standing for anthem

    There are plenty of people right here at DP who would love to see that kind of response happening right here in the USofA.
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

  6. #6
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    05-30-17 @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,045

    Re: people arrested and atacked for not standing for anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    There are plenty of people right here at DP who would love to see that kind of response happening right here in the USofA.
    I am one of the adults in the room here who think that disrespecting the flag or the national anthem is childish and petty.

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,107

    Re: people arrested and atacked for not standing for anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by Auvergnat View Post
    Extremism is inevitable in disunited nations such as India. Every week a hate crime makes a Hindu or Muslim victim. People are seeking a way to restore social bond and ethnic cleansing appears to them as the only way to do that.

    The best way to avoid extremism is to have a homogeneous nation with a strong national identity.

    A weak national identity and multiple strong identities can only give birth to extremism, as it did in Germany and Italy before.
    that may be the easiest way to avoid extremism thinck the best way would involve secular rule that treats people as equals and forbids laws based on faith alone

    the us vs them mentality is the source of extremism

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,107

    Re: people arrested and atacked for not standing for anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac77 View Post
    I am one of the adults in the room here who think that disrespecting the flag or the national anthem is childish and petty.
    you all so support atacking people over that which is also childish and petty but also dangerous and oppressive

  9. #9
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,874

    Re: people arrested and atacked for not standing for anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac77 View Post
    I am one of the adults in the room here who think that disrespecting the flag or the national anthem is childish and petty.

    Do you think people should be beaten and then arrested for being childish and petty?
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

  10. #10
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    05-30-17 @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,045

    Re: people arrested and atacked for not standing for anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    you all so support atacking people over that which is also childish and petty but also dangerous and oppressive
    India is handling the issue better than America is.

    No violence against anti America wackos is necessary if the government would deal with them instead

    A fine for 1st time burning of the flag would satisfy most people.

    Repeated offenses would have bigger fines and maybe community service such as picking up tradh along the highway

    Then no one would get their nose busted

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •