Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The Most Revolting TV Show EVA

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 05:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316
    Likes Received
    3221 times
    Likes Given
    8790

    The Most Revolting TV Show EVA

    Hulk Hogan brings you....midget wrestling. Western Civilization may be ending...I am just appalled.

    TruTV taps Hulk Hogan for little person wrestling league TV show | Radio & TV Talk

  2. #2
    Free Radical
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,824
    Likes Received
    859 times
    Likes Given
    768

    Re: The Most Revolting TV Show EVA

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Hulk Hogan brings you....midget wrestling. Western Civilization may be ending...I am just appalled.

    TruTV taps Hulk Hogan for little person wrestling league TV show | Radio & TV Talk
    I personally think wrestling is the stupidest thing ever, but if midgets want to do it, why shouldn't they be able to and even have a crowd cheering them on?

    On the other hand, it's not like Hogan invented midget wrestling; it's been around a while.
    The road to Hell and the road to Jahannam is the same damn road.

    I became a conservative by being around liberals. I became a libertarian by being around conservatives. ~ Greg Gutfeld.

  3. #3
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,628
    Likes Received
    12854 times
    Likes Given
    3357

    Re: The Most Revolting TV Show EVA

    I saw the title and thought to myself, "AHA - - finally, a thread about Mister Rogers!".

    Guess I was wrong.
    You lack lust; you're so lackluster. Is that all the strength you can muster?

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 05:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316
    Likes Received
    3221 times
    Likes Given
    8790

    Re: The Most Revolting TV Show EVA

    Quote Originally Posted by DashingAmerican View Post
    I personally think wrestling is the stupidest thing ever, but if midgets want to do it, why shouldn't they be able to and even have a crowd cheering them on?

    On the other hand, it's not like Hogan invented midget wrestling; it's been around a while.
    What next? Amputee wrestling?

  5. #5
    Free Radical
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,824
    Likes Received
    859 times
    Likes Given
    768

    Re: The Most Revolting TV Show EVA

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    What next? Amputee wrestling?
    If an amputee can run a marathon without anything being said, why couldn't he/she wrestle?
    The road to Hell and the road to Jahannam is the same damn road.

    I became a conservative by being around liberals. I became a libertarian by being around conservatives. ~ Greg Gutfeld.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 05:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316
    Likes Received
    3221 times
    Likes Given
    8790

    Re: The Most Revolting TV Show EVA

    Quote Originally Posted by DashingAmerican View Post
    If an amputee can run a marathon without anything being said, why couldn't he/she wrestle?
    That's not the same thing.

    These people suffer deformities and are being exploited for it...wrong, wrong, wrong.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,778
    Likes Received
    34524 times
    Likes Given
    29402

    Re: The Most Revolting TV Show EVA

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Hulk Hogan brings you....midget wrestling. Western Civilization may be ending...I am just appalled.

    TruTV taps Hulk Hogan for little person wrestling league TV show | Radio & TV Talk


    Obviously you've never seen Jackass.
    Fiddling While Rome Burns

  8. #8
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,778
    Likes Received
    34524 times
    Likes Given
    29402

    Re: The Most Revolting TV Show EVA

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    That's not the same thing.

    These people suffer deformities and are being exploited for it...wrong, wrong, wrong.

    Oh come now. 40 or 50 years ago deformed people were still working carnivals to be gawked at by spectators and making room and board for it. THAT was exploitation.

    The Little People would probably not like being characterized as deformed; some of them would be quite cross with you for that. A lot of them choose to be in entertainment industries, using their small size as an advantage, a rarity and novelty factor to earn a better living than they might have otherwise. Others work as professionals in various fields like IT or business or engineering or most anything a normal-size person does... well other than professional basketball.

    You're really making a big ado about nothing.
    Fiddling While Rome Burns

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 05:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316
    Likes Received
    3221 times
    Likes Given
    8790

    Re: The Most Revolting TV Show EVA

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Oh come now. 40 or 50 years ago deformed people were still working carnivals to be gawked at by spectators and making room and board for it. THAT was exploitation.

    The Little People would probably not like being characterized as deformed; some of them would be quite cross with you for that. A lot of them choose to be in entertainment industries, using their small size as an advantage, a rarity and novelty factor to earn a better living than they might have otherwise. Others work as professionals in various fields like IT or business or engineering or most anything a normal-size person does... well other than professional basketball.

    You're really making a big ado about nothing.
    It's not the willingness of people to act in these shows that upsets me...it's the audience's appetite for them.

  10. #10
    Dungeon Master
    Anti-constitutionalist


    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    29,175
    Likes Received
    15905 times
    Likes Given
    15844
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: The Most Revolting TV Show EVA

    Midgets are inherently funny, I don't see the problem.
    I vote Democrat because I like the "D"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •