View Poll Results: Is violence ever necessary?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is necessary on some rare occassions.

    80 93.02%
  • Violence is never necessary, no matter what.

    6 6.98%
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 243

Thread: Is Violence Ever Necessary?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Seen
    03-23-06 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    186
    Likes Received
    0 times
    Likes Given
    0

    Is Violence Ever Necessary?

    Here is an interesting, simple poll I thought of. Is violence ever necessary? When would it be necessary?

  2. #2
    Devil Dog cherokee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    09-11-09 @ 09:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,486
    Likes Received
    795 times
    Likes Given
    423

    Re: Is Violence Ever Necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTrueTruth
    Here is an interesting, simple poll I thought of. Is violence ever necessary? When would it be necessary?
    Yes sometimes it is very necessary.
    WWII would have never been won with big words.
    I still believe Rwanda could have been stopped by less then 1000 Marines.

    sometimes it’s the only Language people will listen to.


    Some might say “Violence is never a solution to a problem”

    No, its is a solution, it’s a permanent solution
    Last edited by cherokee; 03-12-06 at 06:46 PM.

  3. #3
    Guru
    FallingPianos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,341
    Likes Received
    219 times
    Likes Given
    147

    Re: Is Violence Ever Necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTrueTruth
    Here is an interesting, simple poll I thought of. Is violence ever necessary? When would it be necessary?
    necessary to accomplish what?

  4. #4
    Sage
    Stinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The South
    Last Seen
    07-16-12 @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    14,073
    Likes Received
    379 times
    Likes Given
    191

    Re: Is Violence Ever Necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTrueTruth
    Here is an interesting, simple poll I thought of. Is violence ever necessary? When would it be necessary?
    Of course it is.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Seen
    03-23-06 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    186
    Likes Received
    0 times
    Likes Given
    0

    Re: Is Violence Ever Necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by cherokee
    Yes sometimes it is very necessary.
    WWII would have never been won with big words.

    Some might say “Violence is never a solution to a problem”

    No its is a solution, it’s a permanent solution
    Violence in and of itself is not a permenant solution. Violence can certainly create long term problems or problems that will have to be dealt with again, with violence, in the future. The combination of violence along with some sort of honest justice is a permenant solution, depending on the circumstances. For example, violence, in and of itself by the US in Iraq doesn't seem to be offerring much of a permenant solution for the US or the world for that matter. But skillful diplomacy that has some honest justice, after some extreme violence might be able to offer a permenant solution.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Seen
    03-23-06 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    186
    Likes Received
    0 times
    Likes Given
    0

    Re: Is Violence Ever Necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by star2589
    necessary to accomplish what?
    I don't know, can you think of some scenarios?

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Seen
    03-23-06 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    186
    Likes Received
    0 times
    Likes Given
    0

    Re: Is Violence Ever Necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stinger
    Of course it is.
    So when would violence be necessary for you?

  8. #8
    Guru
    FallingPianos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,341
    Likes Received
    219 times
    Likes Given
    147

    Re: Is Violence Ever Necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTrueTruth
    I don't know, can you think of some scenarios?
    violence is necessary if you wish to murder your neighbor.

    but that statement is pretty meaningless, which is why I ask: "necessary for what?"

  9. #9
    Devil Dog cherokee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    09-11-09 @ 09:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,486
    Likes Received
    795 times
    Likes Given
    423

    Re: Is Violence Ever Necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTrueTruth
    Violence in and of itself is not a permenant solution. Violence can certainly create long term problems or problems that will have to be dealt with again, with violence, in the future. The combination of violence along with some sort of honest justice is a permenant solution, depending on the circumstances. For example, violence, in and of itself by the US in Iraq doesn't seem to be offerring much of a permenant solution for the US or the world for that matter. But skillful diplomacy that has some honest justice, after some extreme violence might be able to offer a permenant solution.

    Well let me get my fireproof suit on first....

    Iraq is not a good example. I feel the US fought with the gloves on.

    Rule #1 In war. Do everything you cannot to go.
    Rule #2 If you must go to war then CRUSH your enemy by all means necessary! PERIOD.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Seen
    03-23-06 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    186
    Likes Received
    0 times
    Likes Given
    0

    Re: Is Violence Ever Necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by cherokee
    Well let me get my fireproof suit on first....

    Iraq is not a good example. I feel the US fought with the gloves on.

    Rule #1 In war. Do everything you cannot to go.
    Rule #2 If you must go to war then CRUSH your enemy by all means necessary! PERIOD.
    I agree with you. However, let's say we threw the gloves off and nuked all of Iraq, would this really be a permenant solution? Or could it possibly backfire and create terrorists that seek out retribution against the US in the future?

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •