Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: Pedophiles jailed for life after first offense?

  1. #11
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Port Clinon, Ohio
    Last Seen
    09-11-06 @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    45
    Likes Received
    0 times
    Likes Given
    0

    Re: Pedophiles jailed for life after first offense?

    I think its fine to have pedophiles jailed for life. There sick twisted people. They should either be jailed for life or kept away from normal society some other way.

  2. #12
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    11-11-05 @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16
    Likes Received
    0 times
    Likes Given
    0

    Re: Pedophiles jailed for life after first offense?

    You people are so misguided. Sex offenders have the next to lowest if not the lowest recidivism rate of any so called violent felony. For anybody interested in facts and not the emotional broohaha drummed up by the mediaI would suggest going to http://www.sohopeful.org . Castration after a first offense would be like chopping of a hand for a first offense of assault or theft. Pedophilia is a mental disorder and cannot be controlled by the lack of testosterone. What would you have done with female pedophiles? Rip their ovaries out? Like most of you my first instinct would be to pin them up against a wall and shoot them, but as a libertarian and someone that is a currently registered sex offender that was convicted as a juvenile, I can understand more than most people what kind of situation they are in and can see the wrong in this.

  3. #13
    Student mistermain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    09-13-09 @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    199
    Likes Received
    0 times
    Likes Given
    0

    Re: Pedophiles jailed for life after first offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by acm2117
    You people are so misguided. Sex offenders have the next to lowest if not the lowest recidivism rate of any so called violent felony. For anybody interested in facts and not the emotional broohaha drummed up by the mediaI would suggest going to http://www.sohopeful.org . Castration after a first offense would be like chopping of a hand for a first offense of assault or theft. Pedophilia is a mental disorder and cannot be controlled by the lack of testosterone. What would you have done with female pedophiles? Rip their ovaries out? Like most of you my first instinct would be to pin them up against a wall and shoot them, but as a libertarian and someone that is a currently registered sex offender that was convicted as a juvenile, I can understand more than most people what kind of situation they are in and can see the wrong in this.
    We are talking about child molestors. We don't care about the rate of recidivism, because we want them put away for life after the FIRST offense.

    And I wouldn't mind seeing their scumbag defense attorney's do a bid either.

  4. #14
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980
    Likes Received
    3050 times
    Likes Given
    3014

    Re: Pedophiles jailed for life after first offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by mixedmedia
    Here in Florida there is a minimum of life in prison for a first offense of sexual molestation involving any form of bodily penetration on a child under the age of eight. I have some experience with this, most unfortunately. The problem is that lawyers make deals to modify the charges to a lesser offense (because very often, for many reasons, the charges are hard to prove), thus these people get out and do it again. I always wondered how it was that these guys were always getting back out onto the streets. Now I know. The laws are not necessarily lax. It is the bargaining for their lives that allows them to go free. Look at your local sex offenders list and see how many of these people are indeed free and living in your area. It blew my mind when I checked mine.
    Agreed. It is the gaming of the system by unethical defense lawyers and lazy (and/or incompetent) prosecutors that destroys the integrity of the system. And if that isn't enough, we can always count on the ACLU (American Criminal Liberties Union) to step in and mess things up further. Objection! by Nancy Grace makes your very point.

  5. #15
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    11-21-08 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,356
    Likes Received
    1 times
    Likes Given
    0

    Re: Pedophiles jailed for life after first offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by acm2117
    You people are so misguided. Sex offenders have the next to lowest if not the lowest recidivism rate of any so called violent felony. For anybody interested in facts and not the emotional broohaha drummed up by the mediaI would suggest going to http://www.sohopeful.org . Castration after a first offense would be like chopping of a hand for a first offense of assault or theft. Pedophilia is a mental disorder and cannot be controlled by the lack of testosterone. What would you have done with female pedophiles? Rip their ovaries out? Like most of you my first instinct would be to pin them up against a wall and shoot them, but as a libertarian and someone that is a currently registered sex offender that was convicted as a juvenile, I can understand more than most people what kind of situation they are in and can see the wrong in this.
    Mental disorder my fcuking arse. That's a disgusting thing to say. Not only is it insulting to those with real mental illnesses, it's insulting to the victims of paedophiles - and it's an attempt to make what they do acceptable. What did you do, hmm? Scum aren't the authority on scum, you know.

    Chemical castration for the first offence, physical for all subsequent offences. If it only stops one child from having his or her life destroyed, it's bloody well worth it.

  6. #16
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,102
    Likes Received
    11377 times
    Likes Given
    19423

    Re: Pedophiles jailed for life after first offense?

    Mental disorder my fcuking arse. That's a disgusting thing to say. Not only is it insulting to those with real mental illnesses, it's insulting to the victims of paedophiles - and it's an attempt to make what they do acceptable. What did you do, hmm? Scum aren't the authority on scum, you know.
    I actually agree for once.But as far as I am concerned the pedophiling monsters need to be taken out back and shot after a guilty verdict.

    I thought the last pedophiling monster that recieved media attention had his own blogger.I think he was trying to tell people not to buy into the media propaganda.


    So that people get the idea that these monster do not wish to change,here is a link to one of their websites so that people can get straight from the horse's mouthhttp://216.220.97.17/
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #17
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    11-11-05 @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16
    Likes Received
    0 times
    Likes Given
    0

    Re: Pedophiles jailed for life after first offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by vergiss
    Mental disorder my fcuking arse. That's a disgusting thing to say. Not only is it insulting to those with real mental illnesses, it's insulting to the victims of paedophiles - and it's an attempt to make what they do acceptable. What did you do, hmm? Scum aren't the authority on scum, you know.

    Chemical castration for the first offence, physical for all subsequent offences. If it only stops one child from having his or her life destroyed, it's bloody well worth it.
    I am not attempting to make pedophilia acceptable. Pedophiles need to be punished, but in reality pedophiles are few in number and what they need is treatment. I was convicted of aggravated sexual assault just after i turned 16 in juvenile court through a plea of guilty, there was no plea bargain involved. I do not consider myself scum. I did what i did once and have never commited another offense remotely like it in the six years since. what i did was appalling and i was punished for it with eight months in a residential treatment center where i only saw my parents three or four times, i was on probation till i turned 18. luckily now i have all of my civil rights back now except for one, my right to privacy due to a legislative oversight. I must register w/ my local police dept. as a sex offender and have my information in the public view though through a change in legislation enacted while i was on probation juvies convicted as little as six months after me do not have their info open to the public. my experiences give me a uniqueview on the situation. yes there are people that cannot be rehabed. just because someone commits a sex crime against a minor does not mean they are a pedophile, the might not have neccesarily done the act because they are attracted to the children. If someone came to my house to chemically or phiysically castrate me they would have a hell of a gunfight on their hands because i feel that would severely violate my civil rights and would not stand for it because i have paid my debt to society and my victim and have moved past that.

  8. #18
    Student mistermain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    09-13-09 @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    199
    Likes Received
    0 times
    Likes Given
    0

    Re: Pedophiles jailed for life after first offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by acm2117
    I am not attempting to make pedophilia acceptable. Pedophiles need to be punished, but in reality pedophiles are few in number and what they need is treatment. I was convicted of aggravated sexual assault just after i turned 16 in juvenile court through a plea of guilty, there was no plea bargain involved. I do not consider myself scum. I did what i did once and have never commited another offense remotely like it in the six years since.
    What exactly did you do, and how old was your victim? I am not asking out of morbid curiosity, but because this information is critical to ascertaining the validity of your argument.

  9. #19
    User mrgrinch09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    01-02-07 @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    11
    Likes Received
    0 times
    Likes Given
    0

    Re: Pedophiles jailed for life after first offense?

    Pedophiles can't be rehabilitated. They will always have that urge.

    I'm all for the death penalty to be an option for pedophiles. I don't really like the idea of a life sentence. Why should tax payers have to pay to keep these people locked up? I like the idea of banishment. Select an island somewhere off the coast, not a nice tropical island, but a cold desolate island, and drop them off to fend for themselves. But, even that would cost too much. A bullet sounds like a better solution for pedophiles.


  10. #20
    iniquitably employed
    mixedmedia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Last Seen
    09-10-11 @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,823
    Likes Received
    369 times
    Likes Given
    182

    Re: Pedophiles jailed for life after first offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by acm2117
    I am not attempting to make pedophilia acceptable. Pedophiles need to be punished, but in reality pedophiles are few in number and what they need is treatment. I was convicted of aggravated sexual assault just after i turned 16 in juvenile court through a plea of guilty, there was no plea bargain involved. I do not consider myself scum. I did what i did once and have never commited another offense remotely like it in the six years since. what i did was appalling and i was punished for it with eight months in a residential treatment center where i only saw my parents three or four times, i was on probation till i turned 18. luckily now i have all of my civil rights back now except for one, my right to privacy due to a legislative oversight. I must register w/ my local police dept. as a sex offender and have my information in the public view though through a change in legislation enacted while i was on probation juvies convicted as little as six months after me do not have their info open to the public. my experiences give me a uniqueview on the situation. yes there are people that cannot be rehabed. just because someone commits a sex crime against a minor does not mean they are a pedophile, the might not have neccesarily done the act because they are attracted to the children. If someone came to my house to chemically or phiysically castrate me they would have a hell of a gunfight on their hands because i feel that would severely violate my civil rights and would not stand for it because i have paid my debt to society and my victim and have moved past that.
    First of all, I just noticed that I mis-spoke on my former post. The age for a minimum life in prison in Florida for a child molester is 12 not 8. Just to be accurate.

    I understand what you are saying here and I will say, even though someone very, very close to me was abused, I do not believe in death or mandatory castration for pedophiles. And these folks should know that not every person who sexually abuses children are pedophiles by definition. Pedophilia is a mental disorder just as agoraphobia or ocd. A most abhorrent disorder, but a disorder nonetheless - one that most often leads to the horrific crimes against children we have seen so much of lately. Many people convicted of child molestation, or aggravated sexual battery on a minor, are just that, child molesters - they are very often those who do not obsess about sex with children but who, for whatever reason, find themselves in situations where they sexually abuse children. And, it is true, very often they do not go on to abuse again.

    That said, I believe that protecting our children should be of paramount concern to the people in law enforcement and, with the recent attention paid to many cases of child abduction by former offenders, that concern has finally been grabbed. I know from experience that often those who have committed such crimes don't believe that they should receive such harsh sentences because, most often, their crimes were committed with the "complicity" of their victims. Conveniently denying to themselves and the world that young children are not capable of such consent. And I'm not speaking about teens here, in which both the law and myself take a different punitive perspective on. I am talking about the abuse of sexually curious pre-pubescent boys and girls by a person, who for whatever situational reason, cannot curb the urge to submit to such temptation. I am sorry if you feel your privacy has been permanently invaded, but you must understand that people have to pay a price for the mistakes they make in life. Some mistakes are more reprehensible to society than others, thus the price may be dear. I disagree with the use and philosophy of our justice system in many ways. Sometimes it is unfairly and unreasonably punitive. But in this respect, I am in agreement with the laws as they stand and I don't think that the sexual abuse of our children should be a bargaining point in the backrooms our courthouses. We have no way of knowing who is truly dangerous and who isn't.
    Underneath the concrete, The dream is still alive
    A hundred million lifetimes, A world that never dies - Talking Heads, City of Dreams

    =|:{|

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •