Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activists"

  1. #1
    Guru
    FieldTheorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,848

    "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activists"

    Here's the CNN interview with her Majesty Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.

    Well, there you go, right out of the horse's mouth:

    CNN Anchor:

    "Clinton lost to Sanders by 22% points, the largest percentage point victory in a contested Democratic primary since John F. Kennedy, but it looks as though Clinton and Sanders are leaving [New Hampshire] with the same number of delegates in their pockets because Clinton has the support of New Hampshire's 'superdelegates,' these Party insiders. What do you tell voters, who're new to the primary process who says [that] this makes them feel like it's all rigged?"

    Debbie Wasserman-Schultz:

    "Well, let me just make sure that I can clarify exactly what was available [to Sanders and Clinton in the New Hampshire primary]. The unpledged delegates are a separate category; the only thing available on the ballot in a primary or caucus is the pledged delegates --those that are tied to [the voters' choices]. Unpledged [super]delegates exist, really, to make sure that Party leaders and elected officials don't have to be in a position where they are running against grassroots activists. [Cue irrelevant buzzwords.]"


    Translation, "I will reinforce to them that, yes, I am trying to rig this." As far as I'm concerned, the Democratic Establishment is earning and working towards a serious collapse in their authority and power. #TimCanova2016 #FeeltheBern



    PS: I cleaned up her language, because she was so obfuscatory during the interview discussion, I think so people would stop listening to the unconscionable, anti-democratic horse**** that was spewing out of her mouth.
    "The question is whether privileged elites should dominate mass-communication and should use this power, as they tell us they must [to] manipulate and deceive the 'stupid majority', and remove them from the public arena. The question, in brief, is whether Democracy and Freedom are values to be preserved or threats to be avoided." --Chomsky

  2. #2
    Professor Ntharotep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    07-28-16 @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,503

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    One American Citizen One vote.
    Not rocket science.

    Of course then voting would be completely by the will of the people and what kind of world would that be?
    If you take yourself too seriously then it is very likely nobody else takes you seriously at all...
    "You can't have your cake and eat it to" is a ludicrous saying. Who just stares at their cake?

  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,804

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    if Sanders runs away with the primary, the superdelegates will go with him just as they did with Obama in 2008. otherwise, the party splits. not going to happen, even during Wasserman-Shultz's inept tenure.

  4. #4
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    Welcome to establishment politics... seriously, did anyone out there question the point of superdelegates and unbound delegates?
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  5. #5
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,147
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    Quote Originally Posted by FieldTheorist View Post
    "Clinton lost to Sanders by 22% points, the largest percentage point victory in a contested Democratic primary since John F. Kennedy, but it looks as though Clinton and Sanders are leaving [New Hampshire] with the same number of delegates in their pockets because Clinton has the support of New Hampshire's 'superdelegates,' these Party insiders.[/B] What do you tell voters, who're new to the primary process who says [that] this makes them feel like it's all rigged?"
    Well, that is bull**** and irrational emotion. Sanders got 6 more delegates than Clinton in New Hampshire. Until the convention, superdelegates are not committed to any candidate. They can support a candidate, they can say they will vote for a candidate, but history shows that they can also change their mind later, and frequently do. If Sanders and his supporters stop trying to play the victim all the time, maybe they will make a run at it(the election), but any one who knows anything about the process knows that what I quoted above is bull****, and playing the victim is not going to help his cause.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #6
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,859
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Well, that is bull**** and irrational emotion. Sanders got 6 more delegates than Clinton in New Hampshire. Until the convention, superdelegates are not committed to any candidate. They can support a candidate, they can say they will vote for a candidate, but history shows that they can also change their mind later, and frequently do. If Sanders and his supporters stop trying to play the victim all the time, maybe they will make a run at it(the election), but any one who knows anything about the process knows that what I quoted above is bull****, and playing the victim is not going to help his cause.

    "Debbie Wasserman-Schultz:

    "Well, let me just make sure that I can clarify exactly what was available [to Sanders and Clinton in the New Hampshire primary]. The unpledged delegates are a separate category; the only thing available on the ballot in a primary or caucus is the pledged delegates --those that are tied to [the voters' choices]. Unpledged [super]delegates exist, really, to make sure that Party leaders and elected officials don't have to be in a position where they are running against grassroots activists. [Cue irrelevant buzzwords.]"


    So Shultz doesn't know what she's talking about? Just a clueless amature, is she?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  7. #7
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,147
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    "Debbie Wasserman-Schultz:

    "Well, let me just make sure that I can clarify exactly what was available [to Sanders and Clinton in the New Hampshire primary]. The unpledged delegates are a separate category; the only thing available on the ballot in a primary or caucus is the pledged delegates --those that are tied to [the voters' choices]. Unpledged [super]delegates exist, really, to make sure that Party leaders and elected officials don't have to be in a position where they are running against grassroots activists. [Cue irrelevant buzzwords.]"


    So Shultz doesn't know what she's talking about? Just a clueless amature, is she?
    Does that havbe anything to do with what I quoted and responded to? Hint: it doesn't. That is why Reading Is Fundamental, it will save you making silly mistakes/
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #8
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,859
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Does that havbe anything to do with what I quoted and responded to? Hint: it doesn't. That is why Reading Is Fundamental, it will save you making silly mistakes/
    "What do you tell voters, who're new to the primary process who says [that] this makes them feel like it's all rigged?"

    Final, and most important line, of what you quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,091

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    Quote Originally Posted by FieldTheorist View Post
    Here's the CNN interview with her Majesty Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.

    Well, there you go, right out of the horse's mouth:

    CNN Anchor:

    "Clinton lost to Sanders by 22% points, the largest percentage point victory in a contested Democratic primary since John F. Kennedy, but it looks as though Clinton and Sanders are leaving [New Hampshire] with the same number of delegates in their pockets because Clinton has the support of New Hampshire's 'superdelegates,' these Party insiders. What do you tell voters, who're new to the primary process who says [that] this makes them feel like it's all rigged?"

    Debbie Wasserman-Schultz:

    "Well, let me just make sure that I can clarify exactly what was available [to Sanders and Clinton in the New Hampshire primary]. The unpledged delegates are a separate category; the only thing available on the ballot in a primary or caucus is the pledged delegates --those that are tied to [the voters' choices]. Unpledged [super]delegates exist, really, to make sure that Party leaders and elected officials don't have to be in a position where they are running against grassroots activists. [Cue irrelevant buzzwords.]"


    Translation, "I will reinforce to them that, yes, I am trying to rig this." As far as I'm concerned, the Democratic Establishment is earning and working towards a serious collapse in their authority and power. #TimCanova2016 #FeeltheBern



    PS: I cleaned up her language, because she was so obfuscatory during the interview discussion, I think so people would stop listening to the unconscionable, anti-democratic horse**** that was spewing out of her mouth.
    When I was a delegate to the 72 Democratic Convention in Miami, I had to run for a McGovern spot based on how many delegates he had in my congressional district. If the local Congressman from the district wanted to be a delegate, or any other office holder or party official, he or she would have to run against me to get that spot.

    There were NO super delegates at that time and the primary results determined the voting make-up of the delegation on the first ballot. You had to be elected as a committed delegate.

    That is the way it should be now.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #10
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    if Sanders runs away with the primary, the superdelegates will go with him just as they did with Obama in 2008. otherwise, the party splits. not going to happen, even during Wasserman-Shultz's inept tenure.
    I think you're underestimating how dirty Clinton's machine is and how depraved DWS is.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •