Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activists"

  1. #11
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Seen
    05-27-17 @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,221

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Well, that is bull**** and irrational emotion. Sanders got 6 more delegates than Clinton in New Hampshire. Until the convention, superdelegates are not committed to any candidate. They can support a candidate, they can say they will vote for a candidate, but history shows that they can also change their mind later, and frequently do. If Sanders and his supporters stop trying to play the victim all the time, maybe they will make a run at it(the election), but any one who knows anything about the process knows that what I quoted above is bull****, and playing the victim is not going to help his cause.
    Very true. What kind of person plays the victim just because an election is rigged against him? Mr Sanders is just a sore loser who is resentful of the wise authority of his party's leaders and who rambles on in a victimish sort of way about 'votes', as though they are supposed to matter.

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,828
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    "What do you tell voters, who're new to the primary process who says [that] this makes them feel like it's all rigged?"

    Final, and most important line, of what you quoted.
    I would tell voters that "of course it's rigged". How naive are you to just now figure that out?
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    34,716

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    I think you're underestimating how dirty Clinton's machine is and how depraved DWS is.
    no way that the superdelegates ignore a decisive Sanders victory. if Clinton plays dirty, it will happen before that. as for DWS, if the Democrats win, it will be in spite of her DNC, not because of it.

  4. #14
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    90,571
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    "What do you tell voters, who're new to the primary process who says [that] this makes them feel like it's all rigged?"

    Final, and most important line, of what you quoted.
    If people think it is rigged, that is their own ignorance.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    90,571
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
    Very true. What kind of person plays the victim just because an election is rigged against him? Mr Sanders is just a sore loser who is resentful of the wise authority of his party's leaders and who rambles on in a victimish sort of way about 'votes', as though they are supposed to matter.
    Except it is not rigged against him. Right now Sanders has a delegate lead. You cannot count superdelegates until the convention, because that is when they vote, and they can vote for whomever they please, no matter who they supported when their state voted.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    05-27-17 @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,109

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    I would tell voters that "of course it's rigged". How naive are you to just now figure that out?
    Ya see, all this super-delegate talk I'd would have bet this was a PUB elite thread. (super-delegates to block a Trump win)

    I see the super delegates not as sinister folk but more like guys and gals getting VIP passes to Super Bowl week. Get the big shrimp cups and better seats than regular delegates. Far from a party strong arm shook troop they are more like tourists on the upgraded package.

    I've been on this planet a few decades- can't recall a convention where the super delegates went enbloc against the the state's vote.

    Perhaps someone who believes they will this time can find a precedent for it?

    I think we'd all like to know...

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    32,338

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    "What do you tell voters, who're new to the primary process who says [that] this makes them feel like it's all rigged?"

    Final, and most important line, of what you quoted.
    Just tell them to stay home, as they did in 2010 and 2014, giving the GOPs both the House and Senate.
    Unless HRC takes BS on her ticket, as RWR did with "voodoo" GHWB.

    And why no fretting over the GOPs doing the same thing?
    Though they call their unpledged PLEOs "party and bonus" delegates .
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  8. #18
    Sage
    RetiredUSN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Norfolk Virginia area.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    8,310

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    Why would Democrats care if their vote is wasted?
    Last edited by RetiredUSN; 02-18-16 at 06:12 PM.

  9. #19
    Educator
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Hazzard County
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    1,114

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If people think it is rigged, that is their own ignorance.
    hmm, if you say so

  10. #20
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Reston, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    49,004
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Superdelegates make sure Party leaders aren't running against grassroots activis

    IIRC, superdelegates were added in 1984 to reduce the possibility that an election disaster (McGovern) or a governing disaster (Carter) would get the nomination. As in Animal Farm, some animals are more equal than others.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •